• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Im guessing by the end of season 3 of WD we will see a preview of ToT for the fall of 2013. I mean that will give us what about 20 some issues deep into the book.

They could change the release dates to monthly and bi-monthly.

Anyhow, I agree that we're going to see previews during The Walking Dead Season 3.

bi monthly yeah i figured that since different writters are to be working on this too. So that might workout better. i think need to be about 30 issues or so before see it on tv. By then should have fans nice and hooked.

From dayone seemed like it was made for tv series kinda IMO a thomas crown affair/ Italian job thing. I do like the book and have always like spencers style of writting wonder who is next inline to write?

i don't see it bi monthly...i'm sure they can transition between writer/artists quicker than that. Also don't see the pilot waiting 2.5 years to come out....i'm sure it'll be advertised during season 3 of TWD and maybe come out to fill the hole after TWD season 3 ends or put right after TWDs time slot to build a fan base.

I don't think a ton of people realize it has a pilot scheduled yet. It'll take some more advertisement, so i wouldn't be blowing out all my ToT right now just to grab on to the beginning wave.

Great Googily Moogily

ToT

hurry up and grade mine already CGC !!!!

Holly moley! I've got some raw comicspros and image expos that I want to get graded too ... Every day I get more and more tempted to start slinging comics again. I can't believe that Walking Dead mania is so strong that it's pushing Thief of Thieves speculators to pay that kind of money for a raw book. I'll be real interested to see if that number holds or if it keeps moving up in the next 14 hours.

Does anyone know what the print run is on the comicspro and image expo variants? Thanks!

Great Googily Moogily

ToT

hurry up and grade mine already CGC !!!!

Holly moley! I've got some raw comicspros and image expos that I want to get graded too ... Every day I get more and more tempted to start slinging comics again. I can't believe that Walking Dead mania is so strong that it's pushing Thief of Thieves speculators to pay that kind of money for a raw book. I'll be real interested to see if that number holds or if it keeps moving up in the next 14 hours.

There is only one listed at the moment so I would think that is making bidders nervous and making them pay the price to ensure they have one. (shrug)

There's two the other one is at $50 ish and has 2 days left ... I didn't look at the condition. My recollection was that the comicspro books were more scarce but generally in better condition from what I remember people saying on the boards.

There's two the other one is at $50 ish and has 2 days left ... I didn't look at the condition. My recollection was that the comicspro books were more scarce but generally in better condition from what I remember people saying on the boards.

I can't see it?

i think comicspro was 250...expo was 1,000. It would be silly not to send in the comicspro fast track.

i was going to put up my last double signed expo but i think i'll see what happens with the couple that seem to be gaining steam.

not sure it's entirely walking dead related, though Kirkman's name doesn't hurt.

the regular edition is going for around $15 each.

I can't see it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THIEF-OF-THIEVES-1-ComicsPRO-Variant-Image-Comics-Robert-Kirkman-AMC-HOT-/380429780946?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item589361c7d2

i think comicspro was 250...expo was 1,000. It would be silly not to send in the comicspro fast track.

i was going to put up my last double signed expo but i think i'll see what happens with the couple that seem to be gaining steam.

not sure it's entirely walking dead related, though Kirkman's name doesn't hurt.

the regular edition is going for around $15 each.

Those are really small numbers. I was really nervous about this book after the first issue but the second issue was much better than the first and the third issue was better than the second. I think this is a title where the speculation has more legitimacy than every other book that sells TV or Movie rights that gets its 15 minutes of fame (e.g., The Damned, 100 Bullets, etc.) because AMC has already pulled the trigger and nailed the bullseye. I'm excited about the possibility of another comic book hit on AMC. Kirkman's sucess with the Walking Dead has done a substantial amount of good for the industry and for people like me who enjoyed comics but got burned out with chromium covers in the 90s and stopped reading. If I hadn't enjoyed the Walking Dead I wouldn't be reading comics. The man deserves a flippen Medal of Honor for what he's accomplished for the comic book industry. I hope that he and Moore are able to work out an amicable resolution of their dispute. I'm reminded of that often when I think about the Walking Dead and it's a shame that their friendship wasn't strong enough to prevent a lawsuit. Anyway ... I hope that John Hamm plays Redmond. I know that is a far fetched idea but it would be awesome! I imagine that Kirkman had him in mind when he wrote Thief of Thieves even if it was subconscious.

Kirkman's sucess with the Walking Dead has done a substantial amount of good for the industry and for people like me who enjoyed comics but got burned out with chromium covers in the 90s and stopped reading. If I hadn't enjoyed the Walking Dead I wouldn't be reading comics. The man deserves a flippen Medal of Honor for what he's accomplished for the comic book industry.

Couldn't agree more... in fact, I was thinking virtually the same thing as I read Thief of Thieves #1 on the train home today. (Love Kirkman's "I Believe in Comics" editorial at the end of the issue.) He's given the industry a serious shot in the arm, and Walking Dead is the first modern I've followed and enjoyed regularly since Sandman back in the 1990s... it's brought me back to moderns in a way that nothing else has. He's a real talent, and I'm excited by all he's accomplished.

Kirkman's sucess with the Walking Dead has done a substantial amount of good for the industry and for people like me who enjoyed comics but got burned out with chromium covers in the 90s and stopped reading. If I hadn't enjoyed the Walking Dead I wouldn't be reading comics. The man deserves a flippen Medal of Honor for what he's accomplished for the comic book industry.

Couldn't agree more... in fact, I was thinking virtually the same thing as I read Thief of Thieves #1 on the train home today. (Love Kirkman's "I Believe in Comics" editorial at the end of the issue.) He's given the industry a serious shot in the arm, and Walking Dead is the first modern I've followed and enjoyed regularly since Sandman back in the 1990s... it's brought me back to moderns in a way that nothing else has. He's a real talent, and I'm excited by all he's accomplished.

His essay is a piece of OA that I'd be honored to hang on my wall.