• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Really Hard to Get Sigs

144 posts in this topic

You guys have hit most of the tough creators. Jack Davis did a small private signing. Frazetta is probably less than 200 I would think. There are a number of folks that had relatively small numbers of SS done before they passed away.

There are some really interesting non-comic creator SS books out there. My two favorite from my collection are Richard Matheson and Michael Moorcock.

Definately a Frazetta SS book is a must for any self-respecting collector. However, I couldn't agree more that the non-comic creator books are the most intersting and desired. The Matheson books is an awesome example. Also consider the celeb books like Cage, Evans, Snipes, Hardy, Ford, Jackman, ect. or the amazing cast signed books that are out there. Those are the books that 50-100 years from now will be epic collectibles.

Sean, that is one sick collection. I hope by the end of 2012 I have one even half as good.

Thanks, bud. Good luck on your quest. There are a lot of really amazing books out there.

The last day or so I've been reading through the last couple year's worth of sig opps on this board that I missed out on. I really wished I joined here a long time ago.

Butch Guice is a bit tough to get. He doesn't do a lot of shows, and there are only a few that have ever been done.

The following probably wouldn't be hard to get, but for now there are not a lot of books out there by each of them.

Greg Capullo.

William Messner-Loebs.

Brent Anderson.

Jerry Ordway.

Luis Dominguez

Stan Goldberg

Ramona Fradon.

Manuel Sanjullian

Alex Nino

Liam Sharp

Esteban Maroto

Greg Hildebrant

Mike Ploog

Jay Anceleto

That's all I have for now.

You guys have hit most of the tough creators. Jack Davis did a small private signing. Frazetta is probably less than 200 I would think. There are a number of folks that had relatively small numbers of SS done before they passed away.

There are some really interesting non-comic creator SS books out there. My two favorite from my collection are Richard Matheson and Michael Moorcock.

Definately a Frazetta SS book is a must for any self-respecting collector. However, I couldn't agree more that the non-comic creator books are the most intersting and desired. The Matheson books is an awesome example. Also consider the celeb books like Cage, Evans, Snipes, Hardy, Ford, Jackman, ect. or the amazing cast signed books that are out there. Those are the books that 50-100 years from now will be epic collectibles.

Although that Nic Cage sig...yikes. Now that's the sig of a guy who who's in a hurry. lol

Here are some other toughies. Thank you to every witness/facilitator!!!!!!!!!:

Gilbert Shelton

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNjctMjAwOTA5MDgtMjMyM.jpg

Harlan Ellison

IMG00175-20101214-2040.jpg

Mike Ploog

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDktMjAwOTA3MDUtMjMzM.jpg

Murphy Anderson

IMG00181-20101214-2052.jpg

Larry Lieber

IMG00071-20101011-2109.jpg

Jack Davis