• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just had to report a buyer for harassment

70 posts in this topic

Since about half my auctions go to nightmare deadbeats these days I request to be paid within 48 hours of auction end. I state it very clearly in the auction. This guy didn't pay or even send a message saying payment will be late or anything. After 48 hours I sent him a friendly e-mail reminder and waited another 48 hours. I don't like to wait too long because if I do the low bidder could buy what he wants elsewhere and then I'm stuck relisting it. So after four days I offered a second chance to the low bidder. He accepted and paid immediately. I shipped it out and proceeded to cancel the transaction with the original buyer who has yet to make contact with me in four days. I made it clear in my request to cancel transaction that the item is gone and no longer available. After a week he finally responds by denying my request to cancel the transaction and sending payment. I sent him a message telling him again the item is gone and issued a refund. He flipped out and sent me a message stating he had better get what he paid for or there will be problems. I sent another e-mail saying he's been refunded, directed him to the auction stating I need payment in 48 hours, apologized again, and said have a nice day. He replied with "Eat me, I hope you like the feedback" so I reported him.

Wow, what a winner. Somebody get that guy a d-bag trophy

I have to say I have been pretty lucky on ebay over the years. In probably a little less than 2,000 overall transactions (probably 75% as a seller/25% as a buyer)...

Perhaps 2% of the comics I have purchased have been terribly overgraded. Honestly, I feel that I have received more undergraded/better than advertised comics than overgraded ones.

And about 2% of my purchasers have turned out to be deadbeats and/or psychos.

I only had one purchase from eBay that I was disappointed about. I bought the entire run of both the Warp and Epic Elfquest series for dirt cheap off the same seller. He just wrapped them in a shopping bag (unbagged, unboarded) and dropped them in a box. I was tempted to neg him, almost did, but then his feedback got hit hard with negs from a single buyer who had also got the same treatment but on a much larger order, like fifteen auctions. The profile was NARU before I could decide what kind of feedback to leave him.

One other time I bought a copy of Fantasy Quarterly #1 and it was damaged in shipping. Pretty nasty. I was a little bummed but I got it so cheap I probably still paid a fair price. I left a positive with a comment that he needs to improve his packaging. It was probably too nice but I"m very hesitant to leave a neg. I might have left a neutral once, don't remember.

I've been a member since Apr-21-99 and I quit really selling once sellers could leave nothing but positive feedback. That's just stupid. It's also the reason I have refused to have a kudos thread in the Selling Forum. What good is hearing only the positive? If someone sucks, people have a right to know about it before they do business with them.

Yep, that's pretty much when I stopped selling too...forgot about the internal thread here being positive only...tired of the ostrich head in the sand approach

I have to say I have been pretty lucky on ebay over the years. In probably a little less than 2,000 overall transactions (probably 75% as a seller/25% as a buyer)...

Perhaps 2% of the comics I have purchased have been terribly overgraded. Honestly, I feel that I have received more undergraded/better than advertised comics than overgraded ones.

I only had one purchase from eBay that I was disappointed about. I bought the entire run of both the Warp and Epic Elfquest series for dirt cheap off the same seller. He just wrapped them in a shopping bag (unbagged, unboarded) and dropped them in a box. I was tempted to neg him, almost did, but then his feedback got hit hard with negs from a single buyer who had also got the same treatment but on a much larger order, like fifteen auctions. The profile was NARU before I could decide what kind of feedback to leave him.

One other time I bought a copy of Fantasy Quarterly #1 and it was damaged in shipping. Pretty nasty. I was a little bummed but I got it so cheap I probably still paid a fair price. I left a positive with a comment that he needs to improve his packaging. It was probably too nice but I"m very hesitant to leave a neg. I might have left a neutral once, don't remember.

I got such a serious flash of deja vu deja vu while reading this. I don't know if you've shared the same story in another thread, or if it's familiar because it describes a dozen boxes I've opened to see the same sort of "gift wrapping."

I got such a serious flash of deja vu deja vu while reading this. I don't know if you've shared the same story in another thread, or if it's familiar because it describes a dozen boxes I've opened to see the same sort of "gift wrapping."

I still get stuff packaged from here like that.