• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-MEN #14 NM 9.4?

18 posts in this topic

I need to know if this comic has a shot at getting CGC 9.4?

Spine corners are ever so slightly rounded. Back top edge center has a slight bend. you can't see it in the scan, you have to put up in the light on an angle. could be pressed away hm pages are off-white.

X-Men14.jpg

X-Men14b-1.jpg

what wear do you see on the front cover? I was thinking to send it to CGC, but its only worth it if I know its going to get 9.2 or higher.

I think you submit it as well...but there's no way you can absolutely know it'll grade 9.2 or better...

I think the chances are high you'll get a solid grade but who knows...CGC is like roulette!

actually my main concern is the "discoloration" above the Sentinel's head. If that is nothing then, I will stick to the 9.4 but I am concerned that it could be moisture damage...OP, can you check that?

actually my main concern is the "discoloration" above the Sentinel's head. If that is nothing then, I will stick to the 9.4 but I am concerned that it could be moisture damage...OP, can you check that?

there is no rips anywhere on the comic. as for that white smudge, i really don't know what that is. looks like there is a very light thumb print in it. very surface smudge. no moisture. almost like powder.

hmm...tough one for sure...If the there is a slight surface wear/flaw in that spot above the Sentinel's head as you mentioned, CGC might knock the book lower than 9.4.

I have had book that loss gloss in area about 1"x2" area on the cover that that was near flawless otherwise...the book got a 9.6..could be gift grade (shrug)

the loss of gloss could have resulted from rubbing against another book or finger smudge, etc.. but there is no way to miss it if you hold the book at an angle.

If you sub it, let us know.

Yes, a shot.

But if it only was a 9.2 wouldn't you still submit it? ???

Yes, a shot.

I think it looks faboo, but IF CGC has ushered in another wave of tight grading, those minor spine stresses on the BC Spine will need to be pressed out in order to get the 9.4 you seek. IMHO...

Yes, a shot.

I think it looks faboo, but IF CGC has ushered in another wave of tight grading, those minor spine stresses on the BC Spine will need to be pressed out in order to get the 9.4 you seek. IMHO...

i'm going to send it to Joeypost for pressing and send it to CGC.

Wow, that is a beautiful book. I think you have a pretty good shot at 9.4. especially if you get it pressed.

Regarding the smudge above sentinels head, you said it looks like there might be a thumb print in it. I have an ASM 129 with a couple of finger prints that look like that, almost as if it was printed that way. (is that how yours is?) Someone told me it could have been from holding the comic too tight. (Pinching it i guess??)

Outstanding book though, i would definately get it graded. You never know, you could get higher with the way grades have been going lately.

Yes, a shot.

i'm going to send it to Joeypost for pressing and send it to CGC.

Can't wait to see the results... :wishluck: