• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Introduction of the Bronze Age?

57 posts in this topic

I would like your opinion on 3 particular issues for the importance of the beginning for bronze age. ( If you consider a different comic please share your opinion )

Thanks!

In my opinion they would be:

1) Detective Comics # 395 - Darker trend to the Batman dated January 1970

2) Conan #1 ( Reemerge of an art deco, quiet character )

3) Green Lantern $76 ( New direction for the day )

Only problem is Iron Man #1 is a late silver age comic and is not part of the bronze age!

I should have used the :baiting:.

I know the agreed-upon start point of the Bronze Age is not completely agreed upon, and I doubt there's a solution that will satisfy everyone. :)

I would like your opinion on 3 particular issues for the importance of the beginning for bronze age. ( If you consider a different comic please share your opinion )

Thanks!

2) Conan #1 ( Reemerge of an art deco ... )

Pre-Raphaelite Conan

C8.jpg

C9.jpg

C20.jpg

PR4.jpg

PR3.jpg

PR6.jpg

PR1.jpg

PR5jpg.jpg

For me, it seems like many Marvel titles transitioned to the Bronze Age with the price change to 20¢. (My DC knowledge isn't great, so I'll stick to Marvel.) And I think different titles switched at different times. But if I had to narrow it down to three important books:

ASM #121

Avengers #93

Conan #1

For me, it seems like many Marvel titles transitioned to the Bronze Age with the price change to 20¢. (My DC knowledge isn't great, so I'll stick to Marvel.) And I think different titles switched at different times. But if I had to narrow it down to three important books:

ASM #121

Avengers #93

Conan #1

Sounds good to me. Conan #1 is my mark for the start of the bronze age.

This is much misunderstood. The introduction and conclusion of the Bronze Age has nothing to do with comic books, and this is why causal factors are not agreed upon and rather, only correlations and delayed reactions to more defining influences are observed. These defining influences and causal factors are now universally attributed to another publication, Playboy Magazine; which offered braille editions of its publication between 1970 and 1985.

Thanks!

2) Conan #1 ( Reemerge of an art deco ... )

Pre-Raphaelite Conan

C8.jpg

C9.jpg

C20.jpg

PR4.jpg

PR3.jpg

PR6.jpg

PR1.jpg

PR5jpg.jpg

:applause:

This is much misunderstood. The introduction and conclusion of the Bronze Age has nothing to do with comic books, and this is why causal factors are not agreed upon and rather, only correlations and delayed reactions to more defining influences are observed. These defining influences and causal factors are now universally attributed to another publication, Playboy Magazine; which offered braille editions of its publication between 1970 and 1985.

I don't see it.