• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Confessions of a speculator.

120 posts in this topic

@conditionfreak... I bet it'd be easy to flip a lot of those as sets here on the boards... I know there are a bunch of those things you're holding that I'd love to pick up a copy of, and I imagine there are at least a few more who remember that stuff fondly but never paid the "hot" price for stuff.

+1

I have to admit, the images in this thread make me excited. (I don't mean that the way it sounds.)

There's something about seeing the same comic displayed that way. Absolutely love the idea of owning 5, 10, 15, or more of the same issue.

This thread just proves to me that there are tons of copies of all these books out there and they are not worth the going prices. It seems like a game of chicken where everyone is going to hold back what they have until the price hits a certain mark then the market will flood with all these hoarded copies and prices will plummet to where they should already be.

Its fun to see your stacks though. I love the X-O's...

Someone send me carnage & cable & domino first apps for my first app collection please you all seem to have plenty of extras :) is 9.8 shape asking for too much? :D

I was going to ask RMA for a NM 98, he seems to have a few to spare. :insane:

When Ultimate Spider-man 1 came out, I bought two red covers....then I walked out, turned around and bought 6 white covers on a hunch.....made some decent money on them pretty quickly. Course, I should have probably have held them a little longer.

When Ultimate Spider-man 1 came out, I bought two red covers....then I walked out, turned around and bought 6 white covers on a hunch.....made some decent money on them pretty quickly. Course, I should have probably have held them a little longer.

I remember turning one down at $35 a guy at a fleamarket tried to talk me into buying one ... you can take it down to cgc he said .... don't think i even collected stuff cgc back then .... If only i had known what it would be worth & that I'd still be reading /enjoying the title 100 + books latter yesh!

I remember turning one down at $35 a guy at a fleamarket tried to talk me into buying one ... you can take it down to cgc he said .... don't think i even collected stuff cgc back then .... If only i had known what it would be worth & that I'd still be reading /enjoying the title 100 + books latter yesh!

All my dealer got when Ultimate Spiderman 1 was released was White copies :o

Instead of sending him a stack of Red covers, they sent him a stack of White covers...I was out of town that day and didn't have a box set up :facepalm: