• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-man 300 CGC 9.9, Not 9.8!!

49 posts in this topic

NM #98 9.9 got $12,000 something (only 1 on census, though, AFAIK). Who has more rabid fans, Venom or Deadpool?

there are now 4 on the census and the more recent sales were in the $3-4k range.

POOP. O wells.

Jerome

Maybe Lefield has a better following for his artwork then McFarlane :roflmao:

NM #98 9.9 got $12,000 something (only 1 on census, though, AFAIK). Who has more rabid fans, Venom or Deadpool?

Don't forget the rabid ASM fans. With over 6400 submissions for this book alone, I'd say this is probably one of the most sought after moderns. Even though there's 4 already out there at 9.9, I'd say this goes for between $7-$9K.

K.

Common bronze rubbish...I say $100. :insane:

1988 was Bronze?

We've seriously got to stop using these metal era labels... they mean nothing. :facepalm:

Agreed. Why not just say Era 1, Era 2, Era 3...yada yada. Thats how it should be done.

No. 1930s. 1940s. 1960s. 1980s. That's how it should be done.

1988 was Bronze?

We've seriously got to stop using these metal era labels... they mean nothing. :facepalm:

Agreed. Why not just say Era 1, Era 2, Era 3...yada yada. Thats how it should be done.

You are just too darn smart for our own good. (worship)

1988 was Bronze?

Yea, hell yea. I second that.

I can't look in this thread anymore, I don't want to know how much that book will sell for :(

Jerome

1988 was Bronze?

You are just too darn smart for our own good. (worship)

Describing comics by decade is common sense, so of course, collectors/dealers will fight it all day long. But I like to try. :foryou:

This is a great book, it's refreshing to see a pure book in high grade as opposed to those "Signature Series" which I think the value is more in the autograph than the condition of the comic (and in fact to a condition purist, an autograph is an aftermarket alteration which to some, is considered not only not aesthetic, but undesirable and damaged), and sometimes people have somewhat irrelevant autographs like that of Stan Lee on a comic that maybe he created the character or was editor on, but really wasn't part of the creative process of that issue specifically. I'd almost say, a better trend would be to get inferrior graded comics autographed to help boost the value than have prestige graded comics marred by signatures. But that's more my opinion and preference.

If only everyone thought like this. Then we wouldn't have a trillion books signed by Stan Lee that people think is enough to ask double what the book is worth. Having Stan Lee sign a Hulk 181 or a ASM 300 is just outrageous to me. I sure hope those books are looked at as if they are restored and lessen the value if the soignee had nothing to do with the book.

Jerome

This is a great book, it's refreshing to see a pure book in high grade as opposed to those "Signature Series" which I think the value is more in the autograph than the condition of the comic (and in fact to a condition purist, an autograph is an aftermarket alteration which to some, is considered not only not aesthetic, but undesirable and damaged), and sometimes people have somewhat irrelevant autographs like that of Stan Lee on a comic that maybe he created the character or was editor on, but really wasn't part of the creative process of that issue specifically. I'd almost say, a better trend would be to get inferrior graded comics autographed to help boost the value than have prestige graded comics marred by signatures. But that's more my opinion and preference.

If only everyone thought like this. Then we wouldn't have a trillion books signed by Stan Lee that people think is enough to ask double what the book is worth. Having Stan Lee sign a Hulk 181 or a ASM 300 is just outrageous to me. I sure hope those books are looked at as if they are restored and lessen the value if the soignee had nothing to do with the book.

Oh and how is it this book is a 9.9 with the pages showing in the top right corner? I get so :frustrated: trying to figure out how a book gets to be a 9.9 over a 9.8....

Jerome

hm

I guess I should upgrade my 9.4 before all the 9.8 copies end up with Stan Lee's signature scrawled all over the cover in fat black sharpie and priced at at a $1000 and up.