• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading contest

75 posts in this topic

Just an idea, but you could save yourself a lot of work by not including PQ in the contest.

As you know, PQ is very difficult to judge from pics & scans, and it doubles the amount of work you have to do on your end.

Just thinking out loud. The contest will be fantastic either way.

agreed, it is a lot of work regardless from picking the books to gradings, etc..but part of the contest is to educate so I figured it is worth it to include PQ so for those that didn't know or understand PQ, this could be a good start.

+1... (thumbs u

Just an idea, but you could save yourself a lot of work by not including PQ in the contest.

As you know, PQ is very difficult to judge from pics & scans, and it doubles the amount of work you have to do on your end.

Just thinking out loud. The contest will be fantastic either way.

agreed, it is a lot of work regardless from picking the books to gradings, etc..but part of the contest is to educate so I figured it is worth it to include PQ so for those that didn't know or understand PQ, this could be a good start.

The PQ reference book is a great idea. (thumbs u

Where's the list/spreadsheet to grade these puppies?

I got the spreadsheet but I have no desire to share it yet.

why? the books aren't even at CGC yet and we have 5 to 6 months or even longer to know the result so there is really no need to get the scores back any times soon.

ok, after toying around with Excel, I decided it is easier to do it this way below

for anyone that want to play, when it is time to submit your entry, just copy and paste below into a PM, fill out the info and send me a PM.

the format for each entry is BOOK = GRADE,PQ,ROBOJO33

there is only one robojo33 book in the list so ENTER 0 or leave it blank is fine. For the one book you think is the Robojo book, enter in the grade you think he sold it as.

feel free to ask any questions here but I think it is fairly straight forward with the example below. PQ can be cap or lower case...doesn't matter. the most important thing is the COMMA between the grade and the PQ and no space.

BOOK =GRADE,PQ,ROBOJO33

0 EXAMPLE =8.5,W,0

1 AVENGERS 14 =

2 AVENGERS 38 =

3 AVENGERS 40 =

4 AVENGERS 93 =

5 TALE OF SUSPENSE 48 =

6 FANTASTIC FOUR 46 =

7 CAPTAIN MARVEL ADV 29 =

8 ASM 61 =

9 ASM 59 =

10 X-MEN 4 =

11 ASM 8 =

12 ASM 45 =

13 X-MEN 38 =

14 SUPERMAN 12 =

15 SUPERMAN 16 =

16 TALE OF ASGARD 1 =

17 SILVER SURFER 1 =

18 HOUSE OF SECRETS 92 =

19 METAL MEN 1 =

20 SUPERMAN'S JIMMY OLSEN 134 =

21 TALES TO ASTONISH 90 =

22 MARVEL PREMIERE 15 =

23 X-MEN 137 =

24 TALES TO ASTONISH 86 =

25 DAREDEVIL 38 =

26 JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 101 =

27 BATMAN 189 =

28 ASM 52 =

29 MARVEL TEAM UP 16 =

30 ASM V.2 36 =

31 WEIRD WAR TALES 20 =

32 ALL STAR WESTERN 10 =

I AM PLANNING TO DROP OFF THE BOOK AT CGC NEXT MONDAY

I will announce when submission will start and when it will end.

I just posted the same thing above in the thread with all the scans so let this thread fade away. No need to take up any more real estate on the first page.

thanks

I AM PLANNING TO DROP OFF THE BOOK AT CGC NEXT MONDAY

Nice that you live in Sarasota but they don't allow in person drops offs anymore, unless your somebody special. A certain boardie with a nonexistent brick and mortar store showed up one day with a truck full of value tier subs. That ended the practice. lmao