• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I own a comic that is in someone else's set how do I get them to remove it?

10 posts in this topic

I just bought a TOS comic off of comic link and it arrived today. I went to put it into my set and the system said I couldn't because it was in someone else's set. I found the set it's in so how do I get that person to remove it?

Eric

I just bought a TOS comic off of comic link and it arrived today. I went to put it into my set and the system said I couldn't because it was in someone else's set. I found the set it's in so how do I get that person to remove it?

Eric

use force. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

• Administrator

Eric

When you get a message like that, the entry is actually moved to an area for administrators to handle it. The registry administrator will usually send an email to the person who currently has it registered to verify that the book has been sold. Most people will respond pretty quickly to confirm that they no longer own the book and if they don't respond within a reasonable timeframe, the book will be transferred anyway and both parties will receive an email confirming the transfer.

Check out kryptonitecomics thread about ASM 311. He posted with a similar problem and dena responded requesting the cert number.

Dena was Da Bomb!!!! She took care of it for me, since the sytem in place didn't seem to be working for me....

Eric, if after a few days you are still having trouble.....go to the Edit set page...and click on the "Auto Build Best set" feature. That should blow the snot out of the problem.

I had a book that went into the registry problem cue, and still was hanging up a week later. I tried the ABB feature and WHAMO, all problems gone, and the book popped right up in my set.

Red