• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okajima Ped Question

14 posts in this topic

Is there a list of all the books or titles for this ped? I am particularly curious if there were any Quality Comics titles (mainly National or Uncle Sam Quarterly). I looked through the HA archives and also the Comic Book Pedigree site and didn't see any.

Thanks for any info.

Because of the widespread dispersal of the collection there is no definitive list, though Matt/Steve have started to assemble one with information from Alan Bahr and CGC reference data.

You would need to check with them to see if they are willing to release anything prior to the publication of the book.

Because of the widespread dispersal of the collection there is no definitive list, though Matt/Steve have started to assemble one with information from Alan Bahr and CGC reference data.

You would need to check with them to see if they are willing to release anything prior to the publication of the book.

Thanks - I was going to PM you. I sent Matt an email already - I am more curious if there were any National between #1-41 instead of the extensive list and really just want to know if they existed before trying to put feelers to buy one -- given I haven't seen one come up for sale, my thoughts are they're are none or they are tightly locked up in collections.

I am close to finishing my run of those Uncle Sam cover issues and have the following peds within my run - Crowley, San Francisco, Pennsylvania, and Rockford. I see Mile Highs come up fairly often and given funds, would like to add a MH and also an Okajima (I love the background story of the Okajimas - right now I have only one Okajima - Black Terror #6)

any National between #1-41

Not to my knowledge. The collection has some comics published in '43 but really gets busy in '44 so it's possible that some might turn up.

any National between #1-41

Not to my knowledge. The collection has some comics published in '43 but really gets busy in '44 so it's possible that some might turn up.

Maybe the tail-end then :wishluck:

Thanks again for the info. Youse guys are da' coolest.

I am close to finishing my run of those Uncle Sam cover issues and have the following peds within my run - Crowley, San Francisco, Pennsylvania, and Rockford. I see Mile Highs come up fairly often and given funds, would like to add a MH and also an Okajima (I love the background story of the Okajimas - right now I have only one Okajima - Black Terror #6)

The Larson National Comics #1 is in the upcoming CLink auction, in case you wanted to add that ped to your run

The Larson National Comics #1 is in the upcoming CLink auction, in case you wanted to add that ped to your run

Thanks - I hadn't looked through the previews. I would love to own it - we'll see what if my funds can survive the bidding. At 6.0, I might have a chance.

Thanks - I hadn't looked through the previews. I would love to own it - we'll see what if my funds can survive the bidding. At 6.0, I might have a chance.

The HA Sig auction could possibly help you out, too, if potential competitors blow their money on BW books

The HA Sig auction could possibly help you out, too, if potential competitors blow their money on BW books

I need to be careful with blowing there myself - too many books, too little cash :P