• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Posting My Semi-Obligatory Post Count Post

51 posts in this topic

You know how sometimes one thinks of those fan letters published in comic books and wonder who those fans were and where they are now? If they are still collecting? Still alive? Still have their books?

I want to give a moment of contemplation to SLDimerat of these boards.

SLDimerat

Member #123

Total Posts: 0

Registered on: 02/21/02 11:28 PM

SLDimerat is the first zero post member of these boards. Just one week shy of 9 years ago something caused SLDimerat to register here. Did SLDimerat find a small cache of books, coins or trading cards and wonder if they were of value? Did SLDimerat have collector enthusiasm but was too shy to join in? Was SLDimerat awesruck by TJ, shirohniichan and Gmarguli who were already established back then?

So this, my 20,000th post is dedicated to SLDimerat, a silent voice in an ocean of decibels.

You know how sometimes one thinks of those fan letters published in comic books and wonder who those fans were and where they are now? If they are still collecting? Still alive? Still have their books?

I want to give a moment of contemplation to SLDimerat of these boards.

SLDimerat

Member #123

Total Posts: 0

Registered on: 02/21/02 11:28 PM

SLDimerat is the first zero post member of these boards. Just one week shy of 9 years ago something caused SLDimerat to register here. Did SLDimerat find a small cache of books, coins or trading cards and wonder if they were of value? Did SLDimerat have collector enthusiasm but was too shy to join in? Was SLDimerat awesruck by TJ, shirohniichan and Gmarguli who were already established back then?

So this, my 20,000th post is dedicated to SLDimerat, a silent voice in an ocean of decibels.

That is beautiful, dammit.

Congrats for finally falling over the 20,000 post line. You are now welcome to join the not_in_tune_with_social_norms Crazy Club (Senior Division).

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Goldie.

SLDimerat was new to comics and had been introduced to them when his late great-uncle willed him six grocery bags full of golden age comics. The irony was that while his great-uncle to tremendous pride in buying one of every issue of the super hero and war books on the stand for 6 months during 1942 and had managed to save them until his death in late 2001, he gave them to his great-nephew as gesture of spite. His great-uncle had gone on to make a great deal of money as an early software developer. It is at his great-uncle's request that his name and the name of the company he worked for have been withheld, but rest assured you would be awed by the name of the company alone and even more so by the programs he had a large hand in creating.

The name SLDimerat comes from his great-uncle's retirement home in Salt Lake City, the cover price of all the books and his great-uncle's "pet" name for him. SLDimerat was never one of his great-uncle's favorites. While the rest of the family divvied up millions in assets, SLDimerat got what he initially thought were two worthless bags of old funny books.

He came to this site looking for information and advice. He signed up, and then something like this happened...

122183.jpg.181335a10ef20e186ffb16c71c62652f.jpg

He has been known to venture into the discussions and extensively appraise from a psycho-social point all boardies here and in the coin forum- Monday through Thursday. As far as what I have been personally told (from his secretary(Jamie, very nice lady by the way)), he has made seven three-volume hand-written set organizers, making individual psychological profiles on every boardie, evaluating, not only for his thesis titled The mind of the Chat individual, but also for his [font:Impact]Phylosophy of the Inter-Domain Weekly [/font] Magazine (which he has been the editor and co-owner since 2003). As per the POT ID April 15 2006 issue, he tells of us here: "They lack a certain sense of cordial capabilty and are invigorated by the anonimity-the obvious namelessness of their setting, makes them the most vicious animals"- Dr Uzlikker.

Then they found the key to the mini-storage, which was apparently empty, but reeked of dead things and hopelessness. Thing was, if you turned off the lights, you would bump into things that were not there once the lights were on again. Upon closer inspection, a single word cut carefully out of a magazine was on the floor in one corner. Ten-point, Times New Roman, all it said was "gazebo."

I love backstories. It would be neat to find out.

Who gives a damn about Watson's opinion? (shrug)

It wasn't an opinion. It was a question... you old fart.

It was an opinion in the form of a question because you lack the sack to just state an opinion without forming it as a question you think you can hide behind. Weed.

It wan an opinion in the form of a question because you lack the sack to just state an opinion without forming it as a question you think you can hide behind. Weed.

This will end in a very civil and formal discussion

It wan an opinion in the form of a question because you lack the sack to just state an opinion without forming it as a question you think you can hide behind. Weed.

This will end in a very civil and formal discussion

I just got a vid emailed to me from from Watson. He sounds serious.