• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astonishing X-men 1 is coming.............

108 posts in this topic

I was at Midtown Comics in Manhattan today...$15 for the Dell'Otto cover and $135 for the Cassaday cover...and only 1 copy left of the latter at that price! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I dug this out from the past because buy and holding hype is expensive.

Dell'otto variant is not even cover.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASTONISHING-X-MEN-V-3current-1Dell-Otto-Wolverine-var-cov-VF-NM-Glossy-cover-/370882572950?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item565a52f296

the Cassidy can be had easily under $10.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Astonishing-X-Men-1-Variant-Cover-Marvel-2004-/230797506539?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35bc9a77eb

I am sure the oldies can tell when the hype died and the crash began. So buy what you love to read and if you get lucky, Enjoy.

I was at Midtown Comics in Manhattan today...$15 for the Dell'Otto cover and $135 for the Cassaday cover...and only 1 copy left of the latter at that price! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I dug this out from the past because buy and holding hype is expensive.

Dell'otto variant is not even cover.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASTONISHING-X-MEN-V-3current-1Dell-Otto-Wolverine-var-cov-VF-NM-Glossy-cover-/370882572950?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item565a52f296

the Cassidy can be had easily under $10.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Astonishing-X-Men-1-Variant-Cover-Marvel-2004-/230797506539?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35bc9a77eb

I am sure the oldies can tell when the hype died and the crash began. So buy what you love to read and if you get lucky, Enjoy.

I made a lot of money on these. I forgot about how hot they were until you brought this up. I bought a set of 1-50 plus 20 or so variants for under $50 counting shipping this year. Unbelievably great deal as far as I'm concened.

I've gone back in the last 12 months and picked up multiple Planetary, The Authority, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Global Frequency, Hitman, and Ultimate X-men sets for a song. I made a ton off of all of this stuff and I really had a hard time parting with my last sets of all of them. Its nice to have them back. in 9.4-9.6 condition.The only thing I sold back then that I haven't been able to buy cheap is Ultimate Spider-man, TWD, and Invincible although USM is way cheaper than what I sold them for originally.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane (thumbs u

I made a lot of money on these. I forgot about how hot they were until you brought this up. I bought a set of 1-50 plus 20 or so variants for under $50 counting shipping this year. Unbelievably great deal as far as I'm concened.

I've gone back in the last 12 months and picked up multiple Planetary, The Authority, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Global Frequency, Hitman, and Ultimate X-men sets for a song. I made a ton off of all of this stuff and I really had a hard time parting with my last sets of all of them. Its nice to have them back. in 9.4-9.6 condition.The only thing I sold back then that I haven't been able to buy cheap is Ultimate Spider-man, TWD, and Invincible although USM is way cheaper than what I sold them for originally.

Ultimate Spiderman #1 and that white variant is still strong. I never read Global Frequency and Planetary. I will have to check them out. It is amazing how cheap the comics from 10 years ago are today.

Ultimate Spiderman #1 and that white variant is still strong. I never read Global Frequency and Planetary. I will have to check them out. It is amazing how cheap the comics from 10 years ago are today.

I agree. The Image/indie movement has definitely taken eyes off the good stuff from even the last 15 plus years. JSA is criminally cheap. I bought JSA 1-87, Justice Society of America 1-54, JSA All stars set, a ton of minis incling Golden Age, 1 sjots and Annuals, over 200 NM/NM+ comics in new bags and boards for $109 including shipping. lol I couldn't believe it.

JLA by Morrison, Porter, Waid, and the rest can be had for a dollar per copy in sets. Lots of steals to be had for high quality stuff. IMHO

Planetary omnibus is coming out soon, which might be a good way to read the series. There are also two Absolute Planetary volumes, which are awesome but expensive. :cloud9:

I discovered Global Frequency earlier this year and it's a really good read.