• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astonishing X-men 1 is coming.............

108 posts in this topic

Variant cover:

astonishx.jpg

Call me crazy, but shouldn't a new #1 issue of an X-Men title actually feature the X-Men on the cover? I mean, only the retailer variant actually looks like it could be the cover to "Astonishing X-Men #1" - the other two look like covers for a new Wolverine series. mad.gif

This is just marketing madness - just look at how hyped up everyone is about this book...FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS. 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Call me crazy, but shouldn't the cover painting for Secret War have been used for a book that actually had Spider-Man in it as well?

Maybe we're BOTH crazy.

Just talked to the LCS. The Del Otto cover variant is starting at $10, has 100 copies. Cassady covers are all spoken for at just under $100 each.

Let the Madness Begin!

CRC

I got the Cassady for $20 (there was more than one available, too), but NOBODY had the Del'Otto covers.

I can get ANYBODY a copy of the Dell'Otto variant. Just let me know.

FD, pm me with your price and shipping terms. I'd like a copy or two.

Which cover is the one coming out in June? shocked.gif

There are 4 covers 893whatthe.gif

The 4th variant is the Dell' Otto cover as a sketch cover; emphasis on Dell'Otto's pencils (since he's a painter ) - check for the talk on it on newsarama.com (sp?) I'll see if I can find a link. That is out in June and it is being pre-ordered at cover price $3.99 thumbsup2.gif

Been shopping around yesterday on the internet, checking into online stores.

Prices I've seen...

Regular cassaday cover = $cover price

Dell'Otto variant cover = $cover price but 1 to a customer; $8 - $25 (milehigh tongue.gif ) unlimited

Cassaday retailer variant (team) cover = $30 - $100 (once again milehigh tongue.gif ) usually limited to one; on ebay certain retailers putting it up at $60 - $90; saw a nice one starting at $10 today and bid...

DEll' Otto sketch cover due to ship in June (pre-orders only ) = $3.99

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

My shop is out. I had two (Cassady Team) in my hand earlier today for $15 a pop and decided "No". 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif What an arse! insane.gif

893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

They are out, and I have not even been there to pick up my subs yet. Not that I was going to pick this book up, but I would have at least liked to opportunity. It is rather surprising that they ran out, Jon usually orders a ton of the new books.

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

My shop is out. I had two (Cassady Team) in my hand earlier today for $15 a pop and decided "No". 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif What an arse! insane.gif

893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

They are out, and I have not even been there to pick up my subs yet. Not that I was going to pick this book up, but I would have at least liked to opportunity. It is rather surprising that they ran out, Jon usually orders a ton of the new books.

I'm pretty sure they had 2-3 of each variant cover. When I went there last night, there was 1 Dellotto cover left. There were a ton of copies of the regular edition (not quite as many copies as he had of UFF#1, but close). Oh, here's something that may surprise you.....He actually said he was considering slabbing some books! 893whatthe.gif

Oh, here's something that may surprise you.....He actually said he was considering slabbing some books! 893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif

Well, that does it for me, I am out of the hobby. When Jon starts slabbing books, the end must be very, very near.

insane.gif

After all my talk about not being interested in the variants I couldn't pass up the chance to buy the Cassady Team cover at cover price at the LCS today. Of course I was only allowed to buy one, but at that price I couldn't pass up the chance to flip it for some obscene price.

After all my talk about not being interested in the variants I couldn't pass up the chance to buy the Cassady Team cover at cover price at the LCS today. Of course I was only allowed to buy one, but at that price I couldn't pass up the chance to flip it for some obscene price.

Same here. I could have cared less about it, and handed it back to the guy at my LCS. Only after hearing that it was going for upwards of $100, I was going to do the "flip". Oh well.....ya snooze, ya lose.

Should've known better too after what I got for the Bats/Supes RRP. boo.gif

I was at Midtown Comics in Manhattan today...$15 for the Dell'Otto cover and $135 for the Cassaday cover...and only 1 copy left of the latter at that price! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I just spoke to my LCS and he hasn't even priced his variants yet. He is waiting to see how much he can get for them. He told me to check with him tomorrow, he has both by the way.

Donut price for the Dell'Otto variant

$13 shipped ($8 for the book, $5 to ship).

Let me know if anybody wants one, they'll go out immediamente.

Donut price for the Cassady variant

$70 shipped ($65 for the book, $5 to ship), and I only have one.

Kermit has first dibs on the Cassady one.

Please note that I am not making a giant pile on these, essentially this is my cost. And I know this should be in the marketplace forum, but this is where people asked.

I was at Midtown Comics in Manhattan today...$15 for the Dell'Otto cover and $135 for the Cassaday cover...and only 1 copy left of the latter at that price! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

D'oh! Yep....I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person! foreheadslap.gif

gossip.gif (also snagged a spot on Liam_Hails "Bottom 10" List) I Rock!!!!!!! acclaim.gif

D'oh! Yep....I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person! foreheadslap.gif

gossip.gif (also snagged a spot on Liam_Hails "Bottom 10" List) I Rock!!!!!!! acclaim.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Is the Cassiday cover really worth that price?? Please enlighten me, because I can pick one up for $130.00

No.

If you want scarce books, start tracking down those "Ghostbusters" variants that came out a while back. Several of those only had 1,000 copy print runs.*

*(Scarcity does not determine value. Your results may vary.)