• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peter Panzerfaust

5,281 posts in this topic

I'm interested to hear what people thought of the story.

I passed on the book because I've read both of the other books by the writer Kurtis Weibe - Green Wake and The Intrepids. I didn't care for the writing much in either of the books. Although the concept of a WWII Peter Pan sounded really cool, the preview pages all had really dull coloring so that was the deciding factor in me not ordering.

Probably becauseI had high expectations so I was kind of disappointed when it didn't blow my socks off. I'll probably pick up a couple more issues before I abandon it ... there's just so much other stuff that I really enjoy and so much stuff that I want to read I'm at the point where I really have to enjoy a title before I invest my time in it ... I think I'm probably spoiled by all the great stuff that's being released right now. If it was published in the 90s I'd probably raving about it.

I don't know about actual speculation on this being worth a ton of money later on but overall i enjoyed the book. Do you like Peter Pan? Do you like World War? Then this might be something you'll like.

Over at ifanboy it was the pick of the week and had a good number of pulls and positive feedback from people reading it. It already has a second print coming. I believe the plan is 5 or 6 issues, and it if sells well then there is plans for an expansion to 30 issues.

Nazi SS captain hook shows up in issue #3 I believe ;p

http://ifanboy.com/potw/pick-of-the-week-02-15-2012-peter-panzerfaust-1/

How the heck are they going to rap this up in a mini series? After the first issue, I'm not sold that it's the best new comic or anything, but I would like to see this thing get worked out before the series is over. Any news on the writers plan for this book? Are they going to do a couple of mini series or is it going to convert to an ongoing if it keeps selling well? Thanks for the info!