• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Which is why I always leave some unsigned. It's not for everyone but does occasionally sell for a premium. I'll be getting a few.

oh, ive delt in the sports card market for a long long time. i know all about auto premiums. doesnt mean *i* have to be a fan of them :)

And I really hope it is not a 10 year endeavor. If it is I likely will drop it.

He made it sound like he plans to go alot longer than either Ex Machina or Y. I may drop the singles at some point, but I'll definitely get the collections. I dropped Y in the 20s, but the HCs remain among my favorites.

I'll have to ask at NYC or hopefully he makes an official statement of the length. One of the strengths to his story telling is that it is complete. I've read in a few interviews that he likes a complete story. I hope he sticks to that.

While we are at it, I posted on the WTB forum, but...in case anyone has quantity of #1 (1st print), I'm very interested. I am willing to pay $12 per book, and I'm looking for 100 copies. Anyone have any extras...?

I have quantity, but would never sell them for $12 ea. And before anyone asks, No!

Then you won't like my auctions. lol

I'll check the backstock.

What about mr 100 1st print issues? Why so many?

Well, since you asked on multiple occasions...

1st of all, I agree with you...in that I think it is better to wait for a series to hit issue 4 or 5 or 6 and then buy in, rather than banking on a good 1st issue (Revival, anyone?). And, I also agree with following only a few titles, and investing in what you like. So...here we are. I love Saga, it is one of my favorite titles, and I would like to put my money where my mouth is. Only problem: I contacted the same seller a few days ago who had a lot of 10 copies for $129 shipped. I asked them how many copies they had, and they said, "a few hundred". I asked for a bulk purchase, and they dragged their feet, and raised prices on eBay. 3 days ago, they were at $129.99 for 10 copies...now they are at $159.99. No thanks on the price, and especially no thanks on the "customer service". Anyway, I have bought a few copies over the weekend for $10 each plus shipping, which seems to be the norm. So, I am offering $12 each in bulk...which is better than $10 each on eBay plus shipping. I think that is a reasonable offer.

Then you won't like my auctions. lol

I'll check the backstock.

What about mr 100 1st print issues? Why so many?

Well, since you asked on multiple occasions...

1st of all, I agree with you...in that I think it is better to wait for a series to hit issue 4 or 5 or 6 and then buy in, rather than banking on a good 1st issue (Revival, anyone?). And, I also agree with following only a few titles, and investing in what you like. So...here we are. I love Saga, it is one of my favorite titles, and I would like to put my money where my mouth is. Only problem: I contacted the same seller a few days ago who had a lot of 10 copies for $129 shipped. I asked them how many copies they had, and they said, "a few hundred". I asked for a bulk purchase, and they dragged their feet, and raised prices on eBay. 3 days ago, they were at $129.99 for 10 copies...now they are at $159.99. No thanks on the price, and especially no thanks on the "customer service". Anyway, I have bought a few copies over the weekend for $10 each plus shipping, which seems to be the norm. So, I am offering $12 each in bulk...which is better than $10 each on eBay plus shipping. I think that is a reasonable offer.

I'm shocked that raw copies aren't going for $20 in NM/M condition. The CGC 9.8s sell regularly for almost $100. I don't understand why the RRP in CGC 9.8 hasn't been selling well recently. There's a 9.8 RRP that has been for sale for $500 for a while now. Just a few weeks ago, they were selling of $700. I wonder what the deal is with that. This is arguably the best series in comics. Plus, although some people aren't real happy about it, I'm happy that the series is going to run for almost a decade. This is consistently a great read wiht great art and frankly I will continue to read it until BKV stops writing it! :)

I agree George - there has been that hesitation in Saga raws to go past $20.

When they do, $40 could be hit quite quickly.

As you say $10 raw v $100 9.8 is a good op to get some cash back.

As Nico pointed out...let's discuss issue #5...

What did everybody think?

I liked it a lot.

Brought the book back up to issue 1 and 2 level.

The first page was awesome. The last page was awesome. The stuff with The Will was awesome. Awesome issue!

I agree George - there has been that hesitation in Saga raws to go past $20.

When they do, $40 could be hit quite quickly.

As you say $10 raw v $100 9.8 is a good op to get some cash back.

It's a $10 book because there are a ton of them out there. The 37K print run is 2x that of Thief of Thieves 1 for example. There's also 5 prints and an RRP, with a significantly cooler cover.

I love the series, but I wouldn't bank on 1 hitting $40 raw consistently any time soon.

$20 raw I think is a good cap for right now. We are still only 5 issues in. TOT jumped fast because of the TV announcements and the kirkman bump. I'd think a 300% increase on cover in 5 months is a decent jump for any book without some huge announcement of a movie/tv deal. I really want that RRP just because the cover is awesome. Now that prices seem to be in the mid 300 - low 400 range, i may pick one up soon.

Regardless of the prices, This is still my favorite read every month. Revival definitely got my interest though.

I tend to think the $20-$30 mark will be the going rate for Raw books in spite of the print run. The SS No. 1 raw should sell for much more than it has in the past b/c all of the copies are in the hands of people who won't let them go. I also think the RRP will rise in price as we get closer to Fall and Christmas time.

As far as issue five goes, it was great. I really am looking forward to seeing how the Will reacts to Robot IV's actions, if he'll learn who did what, etc. I'm also still interested in learning who is the one man who broke our narrator's heart, but I suspect that we may not learn that for years.