• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I read it and think it would make a decent movie or hbo show,but no way is it the greatest thing since slice bread. ;)

What's so great about sliced bread? I have knives. I can cut my own bread. :baiting::grin:

Like I said it was good, but not as good as the hype had led me to believe.

I just read it now on Comixology, so I don`t have any money tied up in it like some.So my opinion is not biased to try and hype to get sales. It reminded me of a good Vertigo read. Will I read it again? Probally not unless I can get them for free or .99 cents on my Kindle Fire or Ipad. If it becomes a movie I will check it out on blu-ray. :)

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

For me, it has a certain "joy" about it (like in issue #5 when Alana and Marko are driving the ship while getting away from the soldiers and Hazel laughs) or "hopelessness" for a powerful being (like the Will not being able to free the slave girl).

The flawed nuclear family set-ups of characters making their way across the cosmos is quite gripping and very "human".

This series will never let me down if it keeps firing on all cylinders of emotions and never comes across comic-booky or shallow.

I guess for me it's something 'different' and it does pull you in once you start reading it. I'm glad they are doing some backstory on the next arc (The Stalk is Back). As for speculation, I only own 3 copies of #1, so I'm here as a fan.

Ryan

yeah, i think the ink wasn't drying fast enough, apparently it happened on a few. No slight meant to anyone involved, just posting to share my pain. I'll probably add it as a bonus to an auction, end up giving it away.

Glad to know i have company. And he might want to change that 'highest graded copy on census' statement.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAGA-1-CGC-9-4-SS-BRIAN-K-VAUGHAN-FIONA-STAPLES-NM-1st-printing-/321020723420?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4abe5380dc

Comic was a solid 9.8, nice to see what CGC does when an autograph goes awry.

Edited by krighton