• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Y is indeed the most 'waiting to explode' book around at the moment.

9.8's are upto $400+ for #1.

The movie/show hype continues....

Im not sure that book would take off, even with a movie or show. If it does move up it would only be slightly. The series is over. I think if it was an active series then it could boom.

Im not sure that book would take off, even with a movie or show. If it does move up it would only be slightly. The series is over. I think if it was an active series then it could boom.

Have to disagree on this one. The print run is 14K and it's not an easy 9.8 at all. If there was a quality TV show based on the property, it wouldn't matter that the comic series has ended.

Have to disagree on this one. The print run is 14K and it's not an easy 9.8 at all. If there was a quality TV show based on the property, it wouldn't matter that the comic series has ended.

This whole discussion disappoints me as a little while back I had a shot at a #1 for fairly cheap. I wish I'd taken it...

Any links on information about a show? It'd be interesting, and it might be fun to watch a show with a bunch of women running around.

This whole discussion disappoints me as a little while back I had a shot at a #1 for fairly cheap. I wish I'd taken it...

Any links on information about a show? It'd be interesting, and it might be fun to watch a show with a bunch of women running around.

lol. I am feeling very dense right now as I hadnt thought of that. Show is a sure fire WIN just for that fact

Saga 1 seemed to go from $25 to $45 almost overnight....i guess that usatoday article didn't hurt. Or maybe the scarcity of the RRP.

What's the RRP? I'm late...

RRP stands for Retailer Roundtable Program.

Some history about the program,

"The RRP is a invitation-only group of retailers assembled by DC Comics which addresses, in rough terms, industry issues in general and DC topics in specific. RRP Editions -- and there have been several -- are named for those promotional comics given out at meetings of the DC RRP. If it's not a DC RRP meeting, chances are it's not a RRP Edition. Further, variants are not produced for every RRP meeting. To state what should be obvious, not every promotional variant comic is a RRP. Lately, following the huge success many dealers and collectors have had with the Batman #608 RRP Edition, there have been a deluge of comics being called RRP Editions which are distinctly not RRPs."

I guess it's not DC centic anymore.