• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Blue label 9.8 of #1 are around $90-100 on ebay now

Where do you think this will be in 6 months Jr?

$120?

$150?

I'm not sure where the ceiling is on this one.

I just know I wish I had bought more!

$120?

$150?

If there wasn't so many on the census plus the multiple prints, I would say an easy $150. I think it depends if the word of mouth continues to spread and the story keeps strong.

$120?

$150?

If there wasn't so many on the census plus the multiple prints, I would say an easy $150. I think it depends if the word of mouth continues to spread and the story keeps strong.

Yeah, I don't think the number on the census will keep it under $150 for long with as much love as the series is getting. It'll definitely hit resistance at some point because of the print run, but $150 seems very realistic to me.

Got a surprise sketch today with some art I purchased from Chris Giarrusso, misses must have told him we love Saga. Such a great guy!

A_enXI4CAAAdQ7T.jpg

:o That's awesome! Tell them I need two to one up you!

One up as in go one better or as in Mario one up giving me an extra life?

$120?

$150?

auction (not BIN) on one just closed at 133.65 + shipping, and there are about 3 BIN $150s out there. I think $150 is very likely this month, considering the last auction before the 133 sold for 123, last week.

So, this just popped up on the bay. I think the BIN is out of whack for a raw. And it appears to have a bend going through the whole book at the top left corner. What would you guys pay for it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAGA-1-RRP-Diamond-Retailer-SS-Brian-K-Vaughan-Fiona-Staples-Image-/281046226036?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item416fa91474

So, this just popped up on the bay. I think the BIN is out of whack for a raw. And it appears to have a bend going through the whole book at the top left corner. What would you guys pay for it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAGA-1-RRP-Diamond-Retailer-SS-Brian-K-Vaughan-Fiona-Staples-Image-/281046226036?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item416fa91474

i think CGC exists for expensive comic purchases online :).

If you are going to spend multi-hundreds on a RAW MODERN, I would be messaging the buyer directly and demanding a dozen high res pictures, zoomed in, of every side, corner, angle, and spine, plus forcing him to give it a numerical, in his opinion grade.

If they arent willing to spend 10-15 minutes making a $200 dollar plus sale, on a book that came out this year, they are hiding stuff and trying to dump the book.

i think CGC exists for expensive comic purchases online :).

If you are going to spend multi-hundreds on a RAW MODERN, I would be messaging the buyer directly and demanding a dozen high res pictures, zoomed in, of every side, corner, angle, and spine, plus forcing him to give it a numerical, in his opinion grade.

If they arent willing to spend 10-15 minutes making a $200 dollar plus sale, on a book that came out this year, they are hiding stuff and trying to dump the book.

I bought 15 copies of that book raw over the past year and got 13 9.8s and 2 9.6s. If one had been any worse it would have gone right back to the seller. Don't be afraid of being the one who sends the books to CGC. You'll spend less in the long run.

That said, the copy shown obviously already has the price tag of a high grade CGC book and has visible damage. Not sure why you'd even give it a second glance.

Edited by Solar

I bought 15 copies of that book raw over the past year and got 13 9.8s and 2 9.6s. If one had been any worse it would have gone right back to the seller. Don't be afraid of being the one who sends the books to CGC. You'll spend less in the long run.

That said, the copy shown obviously already has the price tag of a high grade CGC book and has visible damage. Not sure why you'd even give it a second glance.

you quoted me, but your response doesnt really have anything to do with my post? I didnt say he shouldnt buy raw. I said, if you are going to pay $200+ for a raw book, make sure the seller does (or is willing to) properly document it for you to judge accurately.

Edited by CBT

you quoted me, but your response doesnt really have anything to do with my post? I didnt say he shouldnt buy raw. I said, if you are going to pay $200+ for a raw book, make sure the seller does (or is willing to) properly document it for you to judge accurately.

He was continuing the conversation

$120?

$150?

auction (not BIN) on one just closed at 133.65 + shipping, and there are about 3 BIN $150s out there. I think $150 is very likely this month, considering the last auction before the 133 sold for 123, last week.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Saga-1-CGC-9-8-1st-Print-Brian-K-Vaughan-Fiona-Staples-HOT-title-/200872437569

$135 now on a best offer, plus shipping. 4 dollars less than a 9.8 SS on December 30th