• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

We agreed in person to that sale and then I got that PM. "When my wife wants a vacation I will sell you the other cover for the same price." "Deal" I was never offered it after nobody bid. You were looking for me to say OK when I should have been offered it before the auction? How many times do I need to say i'll take it?

What's done is done. I bought a different cover.

We never agreed to any price or terms on the second cover when we met in person. That said, here is the exact PM I sent you in March 24th of 2012, "We are closing on a new home shortly and I might be forced to sell my other YTLM cover. If I auction it, I will give you a heads up first."

There is nothing in that post that indicates I think we have a done deal, nor did you respond 'yes' when I made the $3750 offer after nobody bid on the auction. In fact, it sat for nearly six months after the auction (from March to August) and you never contacted me about the painting (kinda weird if you really thought we had agreed on a deal?). I have no PMs indicating you had accepted the offer, sorry if you felt otherwise. if I had really thought that we had, I would have taken it and moved on...

Seth

Edited by sclemons

Any chance it was just a misunderstanding? When things happen months later, we don't always go back and wade through months of PMs to make sure we have the exact terms and conditions down to memory. It's quite possible you bought thought you had it right, and there was no ill will involved.

lol

Spin it how you like. You are well aware. I thought perhaps you did feel bad. Guess I was wrong.

I did feel bad, because I like you and don't like the idea that you thought I screwed you. That said, my feel bad quickly changed to 'screw' it when it became apparent that there was no possible way for you to view this as a miscommunication between us, but that the only possible answer was that I was a who intentionally set out to screw you.

Okay, deep breath. I am sorry Jeff. I apologize and take ownership for the miscommunication. I am glad you were able to get another YTLM cover and that my error didn't prevent you from building out your collection.

Seth

Edited by sclemons

Always a possibility but

"

So what's the plan with the Y cover now?

Thanks

Jeff"

"

I am re-listing the auction on eBay without a reserve since I had several people contact me afterwards with pricing similar to what you offered for the last cover. It may be risky, but I thought I would just let the market decide the final value, but am offering to take payments over six months to whoever wins. It could go for way less than $4k or even go for more - but at least it would be decided by the market. It would require a non-refundable $500 upfront amount to hold it and the painting would ship as soon as the final payment is received. Sound fair?

Thanks!

Seth"

"Jeff, just wanted to give you a heads up that three other bidders have contacted me and appear to be intending to snipe bid it in the 3500-4500 range. Not sure where you are at money wise, but thought I would give you a heads up since we already had one good transaction. If the painting does go above $4k, I would be open to doing some of that amount in trade. If you plan on bidding, good luck! Thanks, Seth"

"Dear seth_clemons,

It's a shame we didn't go with our original deal or the eBay listing didn't end when I was on a plane to NY. Congrats on the sale.

Thanks

Jeff"

"Use esnipe.com, my friend - the auction tool of champions. :)

I didn't know what to expect in the first place, as I had five different people angling for a chance to buy the art. The only fair way I could see was to list it without reserve and let the person who wanted it most go get it at the fair market value.

Always possible the financing will fall through for the winning bidder. Will let you know in the event that it does!

Seth"

I'll check for more. Doesn't seem like a misunderstanding.

lol

Spin it how you like. You are well aware. I thought perhaps you did feel bad. Guess I was wrong.

I did feel bad, because I like you and don't like the idea that you thought I screwed you. That said, my feel bad quickly changed to 'screw' it when it became apparent that there was no possible way for you to view this as a miscommunication between us, but that the only possible answer was that I was a who intentionally set out to screw you.

Okay, deep breath. I am sorry Jeff. I apologize and take ownership for the miscommunication I am glad you were able to get another YTLM cover and that my error didn't prevent you from building out your collection.

Seth

Thanks! Apology accepted. That's all I needed. Moving on. I wish I could share my latest purchase. Hopefully it gets mailed soon.

Always a possibility but

"

So what's the plan with the Y cover now?

Thanks

Jeff"

"

I am re-listing the auction on eBay without a reserve since I had several people contact me afterwards with pricing similar to what you offered for the last cover. It may be risky, but I thought I would just let the market decide the final value, but am offering to take payments over six months to whoever wins. It could go for way less than $4k or even go for more - but at least it would be decided by the market. It would require a non-refundable $500 upfront amount to hold it and the painting would ship as soon as the final payment is received. Sound fair?

Thanks!

Seth"

"Jeff, just wanted to give you a heads up that three other bidders have contacted me and appear to be intending to snipe bid it in the 3500-4500 range. Not sure where you are at money wise, but thought I would give you a heads up since we already had one good transaction. If the painting does go above $4k, I would be open to doing some of that amount in trade. If you plan on bidding, good luck! Thanks, Seth"

"Dear seth_clemons,

It's a shame we didn't go with our original deal or the eBay listing didn't end when I was on a plane to NY. Congrats on the sale.

Thanks

Jeff"

"Use esnipe.com, my friend - the auction tool of champions. :)

I didn't know what to expect in the first place, as I had five different people angling for a chance to buy the art. The only fair way I could see was to list it without reserve and let the person who wanted it most go get it at the fair market value.

Always possible the financing will fall through for the winning bidder. Will let you know in the event that it does!

Seth"

I'll check for more. Doesn't seem like a misunderstanding.

Sorry Jeff. When you said, 'what's the plan with the Y cover', I was still operating under the idea that we didn't have an agreed price. When you mentioned the 'shame' we didn't go with the original deal, that was the first time I knew you thought otherwise. Again, sorry for the miscommunication. I am even more sorry that you felt burned by me than the fact it cost me $1000. Okay, I am done now.

Seth

Edited by sclemons

What the funk is going on here and what does it have to do with Saga?

Every flunking thing. These are the SAGA days of our Boardies lives. Karma exists. We all remember my karma from 2 weeks ago and it came around good for me. This situation will fizzle, sorry it's your discussion at the moment Jeff (don't know you other guy). Regardless, you'll both be just fine.

Any miscommunication aside, I find stuff like this questionable:

You (Seth) say you want to let the market decide the cover's value. That's nice to say, but it appears you're doing your best to juice the bidding by implying there's heavy interest at a certain dollar level. Were there really "three other bidders intending to snipe bid it in the 3500-4500 range"? I find that odd if the auction ended at $2800.

Just to be clear, Seth did contact me when he was trying to sell his covers. They were nice covers, but I had no interest as I already had my examples. But more to the point, the vibe I got was that he was trying to get as much as he could (don't blame him)...while trying to appear like he wasn't. I wasn't interested in playing any games. I would certainly not appreciate my offer being used as a starting bid. Nor would I be happy if a seller told another bidder what I planned to snipe (hypothetically speaking, as I would never tell anyone what I planned to bid). Anyway, no sour grapes on my part and glad the covers are with happy new owners.