• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I'm trying to figure out when I wanted to throttle down to about 50% of what I have been pre-ordering.

NEVER!!!!

=)

Yes, Saga b....

Trust me man, I just loaded up with a little stack of early copies despite some problems with a couple ebay orders and a bunch of cancelled or partially filled orders. I never did get a good line on a bunch of #5's at what I wanted to pay though...

When do people expect to see big bumps in print run with this? #11? Not sure that I would want to buy as much of those when that happens.

Yay for speculation! Got myself 32 copies of #1. Kinda mad about selling 8 copies early on to to make sure I would break even in case it didnt appreciate in value.

do you all think they would be worth slabbing? I might be optimistic, but at least half of the ones i have should be 9.8s.

Think the value will go the distance?

I cant see them EVER going past $250 each based on the print run. What do you all think?

Welcome... (thumbs u

Print run is a factor, BUT hotness and desirability is also a factor. I wonder how much TWD #1 would be drawing if it had a 37,000 print run? More than $250? Interesting to consider... hm

What future issue exactly will be the first one to see a (presumed) big spike in print run? I'm trying to figure out when I wanted to throttle down to about 50% of what I have been pre-ordering. I'm guessing that #10 could still be similar in number to the previous issues, but I could have pre-ordered more of #11 online when the run began a little while back.

Saga has always had a big print run, I dont think it will spike very much. At this point the book will just be fully accepted as mainstream, must own. 1st appearances, milestone numbers, etc, will be the ones that see spikes in price, or printing runs.

imho

The census says there are only 17 Blue CGC 9.8s or Saga 1 RRP, but I am guessing that is not right. I have 11 by myself plus have seen maybe a dozen more sell in the past year.

Anyone else think these numbers are understated?

The census says there are only 17 Blue CGC 9.8s or Saga 1 RRP, but I am guessing that is not right. I have 11 by myself plus have seen maybe a dozen more sell in the past year.

It's been covered a few times in this thread, but I guess it's worth repeating: CGC made a label mistake, so there are 2 census entries for the RRP. A combined count was posted earlier in this thread.

It's been covered a few times in this thread, but I guess it's worth repeating: CGC made a label mistake, so there are 2 census entries for the RRP. A combined count was posted earlier in this thread.

CGC is too far behind in their submission times to use spell check.

What future issue exactly will be the first one to see a (presumed) big spike in print run? I'm trying to figure out when I wanted to throttle down to about 50% of what I have been pre-ordering. I'm guessing that #10 could still be similar in number to the previous issues, but I could have pre-ordered more of #11 online when the run began a little while back.

Saga has always had a big print run, I dont think it will spike very much. At this point the book will just be fully accepted as mainstream, must own. 1st appearances, milestone numbers, etc, will be the ones that see spikes in price, or printing runs.

imho

+1

i know this has been said several times, but where is the misspelled one located?

When i check the registry under Saga 1, i only find the one RRP entry. (though there is a saga with nothing in it that just says error when its clicked on, as well.)

i know this has been said several times, but where is the misspelled one located?

When i check the registry under Saga 1, i only find the one RRP entry. (though there is a saga with nothing in it that just says error when its clicked on, as well.)

Hey buddy,

Check here:

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/customissues.asp?title=Saga&issuestart=0&issueend=99999&yearstart=2012&yearend=2012

BTW- this resource is awesome! Looks like

Blue:

9.8 - 65

9.6 - 14

Yellow:

9.8 - 26

9.6 - 2

Hey buddy,

Check here:

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/customissues.asp?title=Saga&issuestart=0&issueend=99999&yearstart=2012&yearend=2012

BTW- this resource is awesome! Looks like

Blue:

9.8 - 65

9.6 - 14

Yellow:

9.8 - 26

9.6 - 2

so is CGC hiding their shame on the official registry and not showing it there?