• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

We tried to set up a private signing, and offered to pay them for their time. They politely declined, but said they would take the time to sign all of our books regardless. We did make a donation to CBLDF on BKV's behalf (or was it ACTOR? I can't remember)...but there was never any mention of a charity. We wanted to pay them both for their time, but they both graciously declined, so a donation on their behalf was the least we could do. Sounds like the "charity" rumor is just someone spreading misinformation, or a distorted version of the truth.

Seriously dude...you were not the only person at the NYCC. I talked to people there with RRPs getting signed. Please stop, I know what I was told, they had Y's and RRP's getting signed by the butt load. If it was not you then it wasn't you. It was an Asian guy and a girl there and a couple of others. They had tape on the books to where they wanted them signed. Blue tape, then again plenty of other people did as well. The Asian guy said charity period. Then when I made a post here on the threads about it someone sent me a PM. Maybe that was you that pm'ed me, who knows now. No one is taking a shot or trying insult you or even calling you out. Your RRP stash is awesome and I bow to you sir its amazing. I just made a comment about something that I was told at the NYCC.

I never win those garbage scratch off...every time I lose I wonder how many comics I could have bought with the money I wasted.

I usually agree with this but ill pop a $100 once a month on scratch off.. most of the time there's no wins but it sure is nice when you get a big ticket

We tried to set up a private signing, and offered to pay them for their time. They politely declined, but said they would take the time to sign all of our books regardless. We did make a donation to CBLDF on BKV's behalf (or was it ACTOR? I can't remember)...but there was never any mention of a charity. We wanted to pay them both for their time, but they both graciously declined, so a donation on their behalf was the least we could do. Sounds like the "charity" rumor is just someone spreading misinformation, or a distorted version of the truth.

Seriously dude...you were not the only person at the NYCC. I talked to people there with RRPs getting signed. Please stop, I know what I was told, they had Y's and RRP's getting signed by the butt load. If it was not you then it wasn't you. It was an Asian guy and a girl there and a couple of others. They had tape on the books to where they wanted them signed. Blue tape, then again plenty of other people did as well. The Asian guy said charity period. Then when I made a post here on the threads about it someone sent me a PM. Maybe that was you that pm'ed me, who knows now. No one is taking a shot or trying insult you or even calling you out. Your RRP stash is awesome and I bow to you sir its amazing. I just made a comment about something that I was told at the NYCC.

Uh...OK. I honestly don't know what you are going on about here. I didn't say it was not me. I was explaining my POV on the situation. I don't doubt what you were "told", but I AM calling into question the veracity of what you were told, and who might be saying it. And I am simply trying to clear up any misunderstanding, or misinformation that might have been circulating at the time. It obviously doesn't take much effort to stand in line and speculate as to what is going on at the front of the line. I was at the front of the line. I was part of a larger group. We had LOTS of books signed. The books were *NOT* signed for charity. We *DID* make a donation on their behalf in appreciation of their time, and the fact that they signed all of our books. This is the truth of the matter, and anything else you might have heard to the contrary is incorrect.

Edited by jjeanius