• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

if people are willing to pay $50 for the 38th Revival Variant, it scares me what the third Saga Variant will bring.

Given that all variants are artificially scarce because the printer CHOOSES how many they want to make, print run always dictates price on variants.

What a 500 print run variant sells for, will be determined by the desirability of the series its associated with, nothing more, nothing less.

If Marvel or DC made a 500 print run variant, can't even imagine what it would sell for. They wont, because they want to increase primary market sales.

If Saga ever releases another 500 print run book, doesnt matter if its a SDCC, or joe schmoe's back water store variant, it will be a gong show.

What would a 500 print run WD book sell for?

============

Variant = fake rarity

Therefore, value = rarity * desirability.

if people are willing to pay $50 for the 38th Revival Variant, it scares me what the third Saga Variant will bring.

Given that all variants are artificially scarce because the printer CHOOSES how many they want to make, print run always dictates price on variants.

What a 500 print run variant sells for, will be determined by the desirability of the series its associated with, nothing more, nothing less.

If Marvel or DC made a 500 print run variant, can't even imagine what it would sell for. They wont, because they want to increase primary market sales.

If Saga ever releases another 500 print run book, doesnt matter if its a SDCC, or joe schmoe's back water store variant, it will be a gong show.

What would a 500 print run WD book sell for?

============

Variant = fake rarity

Therefore, value = rarity * desirability.

^^^ Chart :wishluck:

^^^ Chart :wishluck:

lol, I thought about it. I am at home though. It's a lot easier to multi-task at work with 5 monitors vs 2 at home :D:devil: Especially when one is already dedicated to NBA games for the day.

I'll see what i can come up with for you after I get back from mailing some packages out.

every time CBT posts I feel like i'm back in macro/microeconomics class

I feel like my reply should be something like:

"let's stick to talking about Saga :wishluck:" lol but in a friendly teasing sort of way.

Edited by CBT

I dunno. I feel $50 is a fair price for a print run of 500. Maybe it's just me and I happen to be collecting everything for both saga and revival. I finally narrowed down my focus and it's going to be on those two. Though, I will say the major bucks will be going to saga (attempting a graded set) whereas I'll mostly be getting raws for revival.

I dunno. I feel $50 is a fair price for a print run of 500. Maybe it's just me and I happen to be collecting everything for both saga and revival. I finally narrowed down my focus and it's going to be on those two. Though, I will say the major bucks will be going to saga (attempting a graded set) whereas I'll mostly be getting raws for revival.

if you want just raw, and arent going to slab it later for a 9.8, you can definitely do a lot better. $50 is fair in my opinion, but that's for 9.8 candidates.

If you want raw to never slab, buy it off ebay once its cooled down, from the VF/NM candidates. You should be able to get it for way less

Saw Fiona this weekend at CalgaryExpo. She had a huge lineup but was taking her time chatting with everyone. Finally bought the sketchbook and some prints from her and asked her to draw the seal from the last issue lol .

I asked her what his name was and she said on the -script it was 'Guse' (goose). I hope he pops up a few times in the series.

9sv3TBAl.png

Saw Fiona this weekend at CalgaryExpo. She had a huge lineup but was taking her time chatting with everyone. Finally bought the sketchbook and some prints from her and asked her to draw the seal from the last issue lol .

I asked her what his name was and she said on the -script it was 'Guse' (goose). I hope he pops up a few times in the series.

9sv3TBAl.png

I think you should get that tattooed on your neck. Now that's a diehard fan!

That's adorable.

That's what scares me, stay away BKV don't you dare harm him.

That poor mouse thing :(.

Personally I think it looks like a baby seal. I just hope it doesn't get clubbed =(

Edited by Miso