• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I need some advice

I need to get a new bicycle and want to sell some of my copies of Saga #1 first prints. I had 40 copies but sold 8 early on to cover possible losses.

I am willing to part ways with 5 copies, how much should I sell them for? Should I wait 2-3 months for prices to shoot up again? If Saga was to win an Eisner and continue its trend of adding readers with every issue, will prices go up slowly or quickly?

I need some advice

I need to get a new bicycle and want to sell some of my copies of Saga #1 first prints. I had 40 copies but sold 8 early on to cover possible losses.

I am willing to part ways with 5 copies, how much should I sell them for? Should I wait 2-3 months for prices to shoot up again? If Saga was to win an Eisner and continue its trend of adding readers with every issue, will prices go up slowly or quickly?

WAIT. I sold a 9.8 for 159 via auction. Same book sold a month earlier for 200. Damn this lull.

its the off season. if one wanted to buy more, this would be the time to do so

+1. I'm buying stuff on eBay now at crazy low prices.

Then again, it sounds like you have a lot of copies. If you need the money for the bike then sell a few. You are definitely not going to lose money, since you have already covered your cost.

I need some advice

You missed the best time to sell so far, it's currently in a pullback from the highs. You need to decide what your main goal is. Do you care more about "losing potential gains", or maximizing your profit?

The ideal thing would have been to sell all 40 of your copies during the big run up. You could currently buy the 40 back, and keep the difference as pure profit. A lot of people don't realize that as long as you are ALWAYS selling for a profit, you are doing better, than holding doing nothing, and waiting for a bit more later. All that money you didnt make while holding, could have been put to work to make more money, etc etc.

Compared to a month or two ago, now is definitely not the time to sell. It's very possible that Saga will see another mania up, and I am personally holding back what I have to sell into it if it comes. But there is no guarantee it will ever match its peak. There is risk in both directions, risk it might fall more, risk it will rise again and you'll have sold the low.

BUT, as long as you sell for profit, you are never really losing.... and if that profit makes more profit in the interim, you will likely be coming out ahead

Thanks for your responses!

I'm feeling optimistic about this title and will cross my fingers and hope prices will spike again. I dont NEED a bike right now, so I guess I'm gonna wait it out. yay public transportation and walking /s

I auctioned a raw #1-10 set a few weeks ago, avg NM- with some issues a bit below, and it finished at $177. Well pleased with that result. Maybe the title has cooled a touch, but it certainly hasn't tanked.