• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Also, I'm not against Trades like you suggested. But Saga and EoW are the two moderns that I buy floppies of. I can't wait for the trades, because I like the story and I want to read it every month.

That's like refusing to go the movies to watchThor or the next x-men, because it will come out on next flix eventually. Sure some people can do that, but other people want to experience it right when it releases. I'm one of those people.

How old are you?

Assuming you are under 30. ( I am 33)

Just saying cause you are saying words like floppies.

I thought you meant floppy disks when I first started using computers we had to save our computer work on them. lol

Listen I know everyone should just collect what they enjoy of course. I am just too opinionated on owning comic books from 1990 to now and taking up space in one's home where most issues are not worth the cover price you just paid for them.

Take WD for example. For me buying the trades in some form for all the issues just makes more economical sense instead of wasting money on every issue. Just invest in the keys or sought after issues and buy the remainder in trades.

WD #1-9, 19, 27, prison arc, and call it a day.

That just works for me.

I'm 32.The word Floppies is part of vocabulary along with words like ratchet and twerkin.

Also, I'm not against Trades like you suggested. But Saga and EoW are the two moderns that I buy floppies of. I can't wait for the trades, because I like the story and I want to read it every month.

That's like refusing to go the movies to watchThor or the next x-men, because it will come out on next flix eventually. Sure some people can do that, but other people want to experience it right when it releases. I'm one of those people.

How old are you?

Assuming you are under 30. ( I am 33)

Just saying cause you are saying words like floppies.

I thought you meant floppy disks when I first started using computers we had to save our computer work on them. lol

Listen I know everyone should just collect what they enjoy of course. I am just too opinionated on owning comic books from 1990 to now and taking up space in one's home where most issues are not worth the cover price you just paid for them.

Take WD for example. For me buying the trades in some form for all the issues just makes more economical sense instead of wasting money on every issue. Just invest in the keys or sought after issues and buy the remainder in trades.

WD #1-9, 19, 27, prison arc, and call it a day.

That just works for me.

I'm 32.The word Floppies is part of vocabulary along with words like ratchet and twerkin.

Once CGC came along it went to just Raw or Slabbed.

If you see Fiona at a con, she'll do one of these for a small donation to Hero Initiative. Mine was $20 and she nailed it. Or, you can pay that crazy dude $1,500!

Fiona%20Staples%20Saga.jpg

That sketch looks like the one I have. I agree $1,500 is ???

photo_zpsa47480ed.jpg

Edited by jreezy

I've heard numerous people on these boards refer to individual issues as floppies. Just my 2 cents, but it doesn't seem strange to me at all.

I have only heard it in recent years after comic books went digital.

you are completely wrong, but interesting point of view....

The term floppy has been widely used long before comics went digital. I believe it started around the introduction of the trade paperback.

A quick internet search reveals this article from 2003 entitled "The floppy comic book's time is past" and refers to individual issues as floppies. It makes the same argument people make about digital vs floppies, that the former is pushing out the latter.