• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Yesterday was a good day collecting my slab :whee:

12576541424_2d2e7dba17_n.jpg12576180703_608d869893_n.jpg

Bizarrely the old labels certification number is still valid on the certification tool hm I thought it would be amended with the new details but same number since the old label was sent back.

Hopefully the figures are correct and there hasn't been a +1 mistake skewing the census a little.

Anybody here own the sole green label version? I think it would look pretty cool with the colours of the cover :)

Very nice

Cheers all :)

It was quite fortuitous getting that sketch after a mix-up in schedules with panels ending, the show closing and beginning of sketch opportunities all coinciding at the same time.

After waiting over 90 minutes in earnest by her empty table, and then hoping we could just confirm sketching start times for the next day after being told with about 20 mins to go it wouldn't happen, Jason (of Essential Sequential I believe) explained to Fiona upon her return, and she very generously agreed to stay behind for us fans and commence sketching immediately.

I imagine it was great news to the few I'd been queuing with who had to fly back abroad in the morning and even better for the young boy who travelled alone with permission, and had to catch a train back home straight after.

Fiona didn't have to, but her gesture was greatly appreciated (worship)

Yesterday was a good day collecting my slab :whee:

12576541424_2d2e7dba17_n.jpg12576180703_608d869893_n.jpg

Bizarrely the old labels certification number is still valid on the certification tool hm I thought it would be amended with the new details but same number since the old label was sent back.

Hopefully the figures are correct and there hasn't been a +1 mistake skewing the census a little.

Anybody here own the sole green label version? I think it would look pretty cool with the colours of the cover :)

nice book

And speaking of Lying Cat.

Do any copies of #18 exist without printing ticks/scuffs/whatnot?

I don't submit Sagas to CGC, but I do enjoying looking for the nicest copies when I buy them off the racks. I looked through 100+ #18s across multiple locations, and didn't see any without

--color-breaking spine ticks

--printer scuffing/streaking midway down the spine

--a soft dent to the lower right corner of the front cover

It's not keeping me up at night, but just curious if the whole run was like that, or just the NY-based copies I happened to see.

SAGA #19

story: BRIAN K. VAUGHAN

art / cover: FIONA STAPLES

MAY 21 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

SAGA returns! New planet, new adversaries, and a very new direction, all from the same old Hugo Award-winning team.

RETAILER FRIENDS: Thanks to you, our audience keeps growing, as new readers continue to get caught up on trades before jumping to our monthly issues, so please make sure to order enough for your customers, old and new. And thanks again! —Brian & Fiona

To clarify a bit further, the flaws I saw all seemed to be printing-related and specific to the Saga #18 cover, not wear from shipping or handling. The Thief of Thieves #19 batches that came out the same week all looked flawless..... (shrug)