• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Those 9.9s went for cheap. IMO

I put $200 ($208.57) floor bids on them to make sure no one got a crazy good deal and cause its a boardie selling them. I was the underbidder on the 4, and won the 13

Edited by CBT

Those 9.9s went for cheap. IMO

I put $200 ($208.57) floor bids on them to make sure no one got a crazy good deal and cause its a boardie forced to sell them. I was the underbidder on the 4, and won the 13

Good stuff. 19? you mean #13? I didnt see a #19 9.9 on there. I would've been all over that.

Either way, you still have one saga 9.9 that i covet. lol:baiting:

i meant 13, and edited it, but you quoted my error from before, look at your quote, it shows my correction too :)

lol, yah, i know, that one if its ever sold, will not be for a long long time.

Edited by CBT

I really wanted the 9.9 #4 but after the bidding hit 170 I was out. The total auction and shipping was 225 and that was well out of my range. It went for basically 3x market value of a 9.8 #4

People may be focusing more on the #1's, and less on the later issues nowadays.

I think 25 is my new favorite cover and the wraparound would look awesome in a cgc case. Going to get one while they are cheap.

Saga 9.9 books changing hands, sad auctions to watch, but I did put bids in on them to make sure they had decent floors :(

So basically you shilled the auction?

not sure its considered shilling when CBT won both books. :baiting:

Saga 9.9 books changing hands, sad auctions to watch, but I did put bids in on them to make sure they had decent floors :(

So basically you shilled the auction?

not sure its considered shilling when CBT won both books. :baiting:

lol , (i won one, was the under bidder on the other).

I collect Saga, and am not actively looking to add 9.9s to my collection, but how is making sure someone else doesnt get a deal (instead of me), shilling? The fact that it was a boardie's auction just adds a second reason to bid.

I bought a Fatale 9.9 book once that I already had a copy of in 10.0 and 9.9 (so my third copy of that issue above 9.8), just cause I didnt want someone else to get it for absurdly cheap. Being the one to get the deal, or ensuring it goes at least to what I am comfortable to see it sell for....that's just participating in an Auction. If you want to pay more then $200 for a Saga 9.9, I am not going to bidding war you for it. When its a couple hours left and sub $100, absolutely I'll throw in a floor bid on it and you can beat me or let me win it.

If any auction was shady, it was the RRP. 2 feedback user bidding only once, sub 10 seconds for $1000.01, paying above current GPA, trends, etc. Doesnt mean the person didnt actual buy it and pay for it, etc. But that reeks of market making, owning a bunch and buying another to try and push/hold up the price of all your others. Wouldnt surprise me if the underbidder and the overbidder on that auction are the same person, with two accounts. Or, they were trying to push the underbidder, and won it instead.

A new user with 2 feedback, doesnt know how to snipe, and doesnt bid with extra pennies on the end. An experienced user making a new account who does know how to snipe and adds something beyond a round dollar figure, doesnt just add 1 cent. That's a bid almost designed to lose.... Much MUCH better of a bid if you are trying to trigger someone else's max bid of $1000 plus change....

Edited by CBT

If you bid to win it, there's no problem. But you're saying two things:

1. I know the buyer

2. I don't want to win, but I'm bidding so the auctions will be higher and the items more desirable

Here is eBay's shill bidding policy.

Restricted: Buying an item from someone you know, as long as you don't intend to artificially increase its price or desirability or violate our Feedback manipulation or search and browse manipulation policies

I'm not sure why you would feel the need to bid a "floor". The seller could have listed the item with a minimum bid, or add a reserve.