• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hypothetical pricing question on ASM lot...

31 posts in this topic

hi.gif

What do you guys think would be a good price to get on the following lot?

ASM

#14 cgc 8.5

#15 cgc 8.0

#16 cgc 8.5

#17 cgc 9.2

#18 cgc 9.0

#19 cgc 9.0

#20 cgc 8.0

#21 cgc 9.0

#22 cgc 9.2

#23 cgc 8.5

#24 cgc 8.5

#25 cgc 8.0

#26 cgc 9.0

#27 cgc 9.4

#28 cgc 8.0

Wow that's a heck of a question 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Since I don't have GPA Analysis to see what the going price is for all of those issues I will have to leave this for someone else to answer.

I am figuring $375 dollars since that should almost cover grading fees devil.gif

Wow that's a heck of a question 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Since I don't have GPA Analysis to see what the going price is for all of those issues I will have to leave this for someone else to answer.

I am figuring $375 dollars since that should almost cover grading fees devil.gif

I'll give you $400 for them! grin.gifdevil.gif

I'll give you $400 for them! grin.gifdevil.gif

doh!!!!!!! foreheadslap.gif I've already been sniped and we're not even on Ebay???

Well off the top of my head, here are some rough individual prices:

#14 cgc 8.5 - $1700

#15 cgc 8.0 - $600

#16 cgc 8.5 - $500

#17 cgc 9.2 - $1700

#18 cgc 9.0 - $600

#19 cgc 9.0 - $450

#20 cgc 8.0 - $300

#21 cgc 9.0 - $450

#22 cgc 9.2 - $700

#23 cgc 8.5 - $400

#24 cgc 8.5 - $300

#25 cgc 8.0 - $250

#26 cgc 9.0 - $600

#27 cgc 9.4 - $1500

#28 cgc 8.0 - $400

Total on all that is $10,450, so I'd say $10K or $11K. Selling as a lot you'd have to probably go lower since a lot of people only want all 8.5 or 9.0 or better, so perhaps $8K to $10K. You'd do better selling these individually unless you luck out with just the right buyer.

#28 cgc 8.0 - $400

This actually seems a bit low. I was (briefly... until I started tracking it for a while) interested in this book and the prices quickly became out of reach for a nicer copy.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

yes i agree that selling individually would most likely bring in the most $$ however a lot like this is not often seen either...so it might be worth a shot. The #27 is a beauty as is the #16,17 and #22. No rush...thanks for the input.

however a lot like this is not often seen either

It's not often seen because it's rare for people to pay full market value with such a wide variance of grades (8.0 to 9.4), and because buyers typically already have one or more issues within the run, which further dampens their desire to pay full market value. The primary value in listing premium lots is to draw attention to yourself as a prelude to selling them individually; Ideal Collectables did a masterful job at this two years ago when they ran that full Spidey run as a lot prior to selling them individually at San Diego con and their web site.

Ideal also lost a lot of PR they gained back then because they couldn't keep inventory flowing in after the lot was sold. They probably had hundreds of people checking their site, yet nothing new ever went up, so they eventually gave up. I guess that's just the way it is when you're trying to sell the wide range of collectibles they do...it's hard to put the effort out to keep the inventory up for ALL the stuff they sell. confused-smiley-013.gif

#28 cgc 8.0 - $400

This actually seems a bit low. I was (briefly... until I started tracking it for a while) interested in this book and the prices quickly became out of reach for a nicer copy.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I picked up a CGC 7.5 for $175 last year confused-smiley-013.gif

#28 cgc 8.0 - $400

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I picked up a CGC 7.5 for $175 last year confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe I was just looking at the wrong time as I recall some raw Fine copies going for something close to that...

Anyhow, I managed to fight off the Spider-bug and am interested in only a couple of Bronze MTU's... laugh.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Hey George:

If you can sell them as a lot for $10k, you should take it. That's about fair market value for all of them.

I have had good luck selling groups of books (and getting probably as much if not more than sold individually).

Why?

1) Save on transaction cost. In this case you should be able to save a minimum of $300.

2) One buyer to ship all books to might run $50 in shipping and insurance registered mail. Sold idividually it will probably run around $300 (or more). If the buyer saves money, he can pay you more.

3) Lastly, and very important, put no reserve but start the auction out in the $8-9k range and put a BIN around $11-12k. You might just get a quick BIN (since it's reasonable) but even if you don't, there will be lots of action at the end.

Good Luck!!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey George:

If you can sell them as a lot for $10k, you should take it. That's about fair market value for all of them.

I have had good luck selling groups of books (and getting probably as much if not more than sold individually).

Why?

1) Save on transaction cost. In this case you should be able to save a minimum of $300.

2) One buyer to ship all books to might run $50 in shipping and insurance registered mail. Sold idividually it will probably run around $300 (or more). If the buyer saves money, he can pay you more.

3) Lastly, and very important, put no reserve but start the auction out in the $8-9k range and put a BIN around $11-12k. You might just get a quick BIN (since it's reasonable) but even if you don't, there will be lots of action at the end.

Good Luck!!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks...still thinking about it. Tough to move them as I have had #14,17,18 since I was 14-15. Ah the good ol days! sign-offtopic.gif

Thanks...still thinking about it. Tough to move them as I have had #14,17,18 since I was 14-15. Ah the good ol days!

Are you thinking about selling them because:

1) You think the market has topped out

2) You want to purchase other books

3) You want the money for something else

If your answer is #1, then DON'T SELL.

Obviously, some of the books mean more to you than pure money. And there is just as much chance that these books will go up in value over the next year or two as go down in value (regardless of what anyone on this board says, they are not fortunetellers).

Once again, good luck.

You're selling your mini-Spidey-run so soon after completing it?

Why are you surprised? He is the boards leading flipper. grin.gif

and let's add in successful...no selling at a loss with the gman. Against all good flipping etiquette. tongue.gif

I wasn't surprised, I was trying to figure out if the guy is a PURE flipper or whether he collects anything. It had been sounding like he was a Spidey collector, but now that he's flipping all those...sounds like he really is a pure flipper! crazy.gif

I wasn't surprised, I was trying to figure out if the guy is a PURE flipper or whether he collects anything. It had been sounding like he was a Spidey collector, but now that he's flipping all those...sounds like he really is a pure flipper! crazy.gif

Flip-flopper? confused-smiley-013.gif