• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Men Tonite!!!

68 posts in this topic

I recorded the first two episodes and watched them last night. Seems to be nothing more that three 40 year old dooshbags who think they're still in high school picking on the smallest one in the group. Is that supposed to be entertaining?

I won't be watching a third episode.

Unless they can convince Shatner to drop by with the actual Enterprise, this series is doomed.

The biggest waste of time in the show was them trying to play hockey. These guys are gonna have heart attacks before they reach 50. Why even have that in a comic book program. Mews was a pain to watch. The guy acts like he's on drugs. If they don't improve the show its doomed.

Start talking about comic cons, peoples collections, recent and old storylines, please. Its suppost to be about comics. Not hockey.

Yea, I was pretty disappointed. Not much talk/show about comics. And when there was a segment about comics, it was on crisis? Are you kidding me. I can go to any shop in the nation and get those out of the dollar bin. WHO CARES! Lets see some good stuff. And that hippy guy is getting really annoying. He should just stop trying to be witty or at least take a class on how to be funny. I really hate to dump on this show because I want to support the comic industry/ community as much as i can, but they aare making it really hard for me. I know Kevin smith has more knowledge on comics, and i know he's famous for his fart and jokes, but come on man, we all know you can do better than this. Comic fans are more mature than to get a good laugh out of some guy going into the future to catch himself masterbating. Lets get a grip Kevin, and put out some good enough material that'll be at least worth the time we take to watch the damn show.

is that store located near a psych ward? some of the people coming in selling stuff must be on a weekend release program. They paid way too much for that Bionic Man figure in the 1st episode...a store should never pay 100%+ of what joe shmoe can get selling it themselves.

So next week on Comic Book Men it looks like a Detective Comics #38 comes into the store. I wonder what "value" they'll place on this one??

Probably $150.00 or more. They'd probably pay the same for a complete Wolverine mini series too.

I'd pay $150 for a complete Wolverine mini.

So next week on Comic Book Men it looks like a Detective Comics #38 comes into the store. I wonder what "value" they'll place on this one??

Probably $150.00 or more. They'd probably pay the same for a complete Wolverine mini series too.

I'd pay $150 for a complete Wolverine mini.

I've got a slabbed set that I'd sell for that price.

is that store located near a psych ward? some of the people coming in selling stuff must be on a weekend release program. They paid way too much for that Bionic Man figure in the 1st episode...a store should never pay 100%+ of what joe shmoe can get selling it themselves.

You think so?

That figure was MISB. It was never opened, had a perfect window, and unbent/unfolded package and is incredibly hard to find in that shape.

There are completed auctions I have seen on Ebay for $500-600 in that condition. What did they give the guy $185?

That was a steal.

Thought it was just MIB, didn't see where it was sealed. Anyways, just saying i'm surprised they offered him that much. Normally a store puts the screws a littler harder to people off the street. But then again they're playing some with tv money so maybe it doesn't really matter.

I am sure they are flipping that for way more than $175 with a box that is in that

good of shape.

Thought it was just MIB, didn't see where it was sealed. Anyways, just saying i'm surprised they offered him that much. Normally a store puts the screws a littler harder to people off the street. But then again they're playing some with tv money so maybe it doesn't really matter.

I thought for sure Walt was going to keep it.

You could see the inserts were still inside, that it was never opened, and the flap wasn't even folded. I don't know when the last time is I saw one that nice. I have been wanting to call the store to see if it's still there. lol

I thought for sure Walt was going to keep it.

You could see the inserts were still inside, that it was never opened, and the flap wasn't even folded. I don't know when the last time is I saw one that nice. I have been wanting to call the store to see if it's still there. lol

probably not, they were trying to flip it the Bat Mobile guy last night...

and I am sure these episodes were taped months ago.

I thought it was pretty bad. Besides the fact that it doesn't focus on comics too much, the store is really a small time dealer. They couldn't afford to purchase a decent collection if one really walked into the store. Pawn Stars deals with tens of thousands of dollars in transactions and these guys haggle over ten bucks.

Their knowledge of the comic book market seems pretty limited as well.

And all the Kevin Smith stuff on display around the register is a little over the top.

I don't see this lasting for many more episodes.