• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Wow Comicfest San Jose Ca, May 19 & 20, 2012

39 posts in this topic

This sounds like The Bay Area's finest show !!! A great event with an all-star line-up indeed. My friends are saying it's perfect replacement for Wonder Con this year and exactly what Nor Cal needs.

Hi I want to submit some CGC books directly to CGC at the event.

I do not have my own account, but I would love to get the 10% off my whole tier (probably modern) if applicable.

How do I go about doing this. Is there some form I should fill out ahead of time? I think that seems like it would help.

At the airport after a great show. The trip started with me sitting next to Frank Cho of all people on the flight up so we had a great chat. Bought a lot of art from the art auction and directly from artists. Couple of great avenger team jam shots, one from Ron Lim and a double page spread from Danny bulandi, plus cool sketches from Rudy nebres, bob Layton ( iron man), Liam sharp Hulk, an Alex niño inked Jim lee blue line piece, a gorgeous painted cover by frank cirocco (my steal of the show) plus some sketch covers by Travis Charest, Ryan sook, joe linsner, and a Ron Lim "recreation" of Silver Surfer #4 on a Thor blank. (kudos, props, and eternal thanks to Mike Dillon for the idea) Mike and I spent three hours in line for Jim Lee but our patience was rewarded. Someone who comes to the So Cal Comic Con in November is gonna win an Icons Previews Exclusive HC with a Batman sketch inside by Jim. (and he signed a few books)

I know, I know, meaningless without pictures. When I get home and recover and am at a real computer, I can post pics. (phone died before sketch covers were turned into cgc for grading)

It was a great show, good attendance both days. I had enough time for bin diving, some talking, and by Sunday I started picking up more of my sketch covers. Big props to Bree, Vince and Brad over at CGC for their help, and thanks to Andrew Cretella (GACollectibles) and big thanks to Jesse Campbell as always for the help.

Man, what a great show. Last time I went to Big Wow was in 2009 when it was called the San Jose Super-Con, and I can tell you this show has grown by leaps and bounds. I’m already looking forward to next year.

Big kudos to the CGC gang (Bree, Brad, and Vince). You guys rock!! :headbang: And an extra big thanks to Vince for hanging with me as I was getting my (small) stack of books signed. I hope to see you again next year.

It was nice to see Joel and Jesse again, and to meet Andrew (GACollecibles). The man was a workhorse getting everyone’s books done.

Had Ron Lim do a Thanos sketch on a Thor blank. It was my first sketch on a blank, then lucked out with Jim Lee doing a Harley Quinn sketch on a blank as well. Can’t wait to get them back. Ron Lim did a killer job on Joel’s SS#4 recreation. Please post a pic when you get that baby back. I want to see it again :grin:

Mike

The organization of the show was very fan friendly, and it was a great convention to attend.

The dates for next year has been announced already

May 18 - 19, 2013 @ San Jose Convention Center

www.bigwowcomicfest.com

Highly recommended for fans of comic books and comic art as well as illustrated art in general.

This was my first time at this event. It was quite fun. Definitely will be back next year. I was saddened by Ernie Chan passing away just days before, as he was the one guy I was looking forward to meeting.

Here are some photos that I took on Satuday (didn't go on Sunday)..