• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

artist reps

75 posts in this topic

Been waiting since about Feb. 28th. I believe the timeframe was roughly "DON'T ASK!!!" :)

I've been waiting about the same time for a lesser in demand artist (Pete Woods). That's crazy that you got a don't ask reply back. Guess I've gotten spoiled as most of my commissions besides Bachalo have been done rather quickly.

I'm exaggerating a bit. First of all, I haven't dealt with Adams at all., it's been his rep the whole time. And he was very up front about how he does business. He's a busy guy, Adams gets a lot of requests, etc. Once Art agreed to do my commission, his rep made it clear that he just couldn't make any promises about how long it'd take. He played up the fact that Art has always come through in the past, so it's just a question of time.

I didn't have to pay anything up front...When the thing's done, they'll send me a pic. If I'm into it, I can pay and they'll send it to me. If not, he'll sell it on ebay or wherever, and my name's mud if I ever want another commission. :shrug: It's not super friendly, but I do appreciate the honesty. It's better than a bunch of kind words, followed by the exact same process, y'know?

That sounds okay actually, at least you know where you stand and if you dont like it ( as if ) you have a choice in the matter.

Better than paying up front and having the long worrying wait.

I hope he comes through for you soon, as I want to see the end result of your wait. :wishluck:

You and me both!

:taptaptap:

Hi Speedy,

i ask Art Adams a com, through his rep, 2 caracters fighting with background

he said the same thing about delay, so i'm waiting since dec 11...

i hope i won't wait too much enough... :wishluck:

Aw man, you've been waiting since last November? That's totally not what I want to hear. :(

Art came to Houston for the first Space City Comic Con. He took a list and I was the last one added. He said he might not get to it. He did the pencils Saturday night and on Sunday had several to ink. He told me he might not make it, but ...

He stayed late - threatening his airport arrival time - and finished the work! I think he did it because it's a monster.

So, introducing Grogg! Read the description and checkout the links and Additional Images.

Advice - catch Art at a con. He's pretty reasonable - $100 for a "head sketch" like this.

G.jpg

Jesus, I wish I read this article 6 months ago.....I actually skipped over Arthur's rep and went right to Arthur himself. I found John impossible to deal with. No responses no matter how many times I asked, even when I won an auction from John on ebay he still wouldn't even entertain any additional questions I had outside of paying for what I won. That may have been rude of me to ask since it had nothing to do with the auction but hey I had his ear so I took a shot. Arthur is is now asking for 20% down for pieces and I was told it was going to be ready in 5 months. It's now 6 months and I've heard nothing as well. Guess I better get ready for a fairly long wait.

I'm not even waiting any more. I just bump this thread every once in a while to amuse myself, and I like the shape the waiting smileys make. lol Luckily I didn't pay anything up front (I'm so over that game), and I found a nice published Adams cover to satisfy my jones.

I hear you. If I don't have a response back by the summer I plan on talking to Arthur at a show and seeing about just buying something he has done there and putting my money somewhere else then. I guess I'm just too impatient for this even though I've only collected for a few years now.

Wonder if they'll ever contact dan about his commission. I see so many outstanding adams commissions out there but these type of scenarios scare me away. can't believe this kind of stuff goes on.