• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

artist reps

75 posts in this topic

I'll give you my list of "good guys" (your mileage may vary):

Good guys still drawing (in no particular order)

• Frank Brunner – Still has it and boy does he have it

• Nick Cardy – Awesome experience and such a nice guy

• Mike DeCarlo – Lots of fun to work with, fast, professional, and very creative.

• Mike Grell – Worked through his agent (Scott Kress) and Mike nailed it

• Ernie Colon – Doesn’t do commissions frequently, but he does good ones!

• Carmine Infantino – really a sketch mediated by J. David Spurlock

• Mike Netzer – A real pleasure. I like Mike.

• Al Plastino – Awesome! Fun to work with and really did a great job. Prefers recreations which worked for me.

• Fred Hembeck – Excellent experience and he nailed the task. Couldn’t be happier. Got to meet him recently.

• John Sterling Lucas – Really good guy. He should get more work. He also did a perfect job; really exceed my expectations.

• Herb Trimpe – Nailed it and easy to work with.

• Stan Lynde – He nailed it. Seriously good work

• Dan Parent – Lots of fun and he really got what I was looking for

• Joe Kubert – Won through a charity auction

• Thom Zahler – I’m flying him to Houston for Comicpalooza; trying to get him some extra press so I must have liked it. :)

Good guys who have passed

• George Tuska – Even at 90+, he was blazing fast and customer oriented. I was impressed.

• Giordano – Fun to work with and I like what he did for me.

• Gene Colan – He promised to knock my socks off and he did.

• Jim Mooney – He was delightful and fast.

Mediocre (slow, but good quality)

• Joe Rubinstein

I have one "bad" one in progress, but I'm making a last ditch effort to get it right. We'll see.

You can see them all in my CAF gallery - http://cafurl.com?i=15459. Enjoy them, I do.

I don't think Infantino is doing any commissions any more. :(

And believe it or not, I've heard some less-than-fantastic stories about Plastino. I had a great experience with him, but I can't say the same for everyone else.

Carmine is doing sketches - at least, he did some in NYC a few weeks ago; he seems to be feeling better, but he's not 70 anymore. :)

Sorry to hear that about Al. I really had fun with him.

Carmine is doing sketches - at least, he did some in NYC a few weeks ago; he seems to be feeling better, but he's not 70 anymore. :)

Sorry to hear that about Al. I really had fun with him.

Yep, he did some sketches at the NYC show, but I don't think he's taking commissions any more. But he's a mercurial guy, so who knows?

I was sorry to hear about Al too. I love the Flash racing Supes piece I got from him, and the transaction was a breeze. So I was pretty shocked when I heard about another deal that got pretty weird. It worked out in the end, and the piece is gorgeous, but it was a touch hairy for a good spell.

I really though Scott McDaniel is a super stand up guy, very fast with replies! Fairly Quick and honestly some great work for the $$$ I'm on his list again...that's how much I enjoyed the last commission! If you want a Bat family sketch this is who I vote to go see!

I'll give you my list of "good guys" (your mileage may vary):

Good guys still drawing (in no particular order)

• Frank Brunner – Still has it and boy does he have it

• Nick Cardy – Awesome experience and such a nice guy

• Mike DeCarlo – Lots of fun to work with, fast, professional, and very creative.

• Mike Grell – Worked through his agent (Scott Kress) and Mike nailed it

• Ernie Colon – Doesn’t do commissions frequently, but he does good ones!

• Carmine Infantino – really a sketch mediated by J. David Spurlock

• Mike Netzer – A real pleasure. I like Mike.

• Al Plastino – Awesome! Fun to work with and really did a great job. Prefers recreations which worked for me.

• Fred Hembeck – Excellent experience and he nailed the task. Couldn’t be happier. Got to meet him recently.

• John Sterling Lucas – Really good guy. He should get more work. He also did a perfect job; really exceed my expectations.

• Herb Trimpe – Nailed it and easy to work with.

• Stan Lynde – He nailed it. Seriously good work

• Dan Parent – Lots of fun and he really got what I was looking for

• Joe Kubert – Won through a charity auction

• Thom Zahler – I’m flying him to Houston for Comicpalooza; trying to get him some extra press so I must have liked it. :)

Good guys who have passed

• George Tuska – Even at 90+, he was blazing fast and customer oriented. I was impressed.

• Giordano – Fun to work with and I like what he did for me.

• Gene Colan – He promised to knock my socks off and he did.

• Jim Mooney – He was delightful and fast.

Mediocre (slow, but good quality)

• Joe Rubinstein

I have one "bad" one in progress, but I'm making a last ditch effort to get it right. We'll see.

You can see them all in my CAF gallery - http://cafurl.com?i=15459. Enjoy them, I do.

My bad experience refunded the money. I rate that as "Never happened." :)

Been waiting since about Feb. 28th. I believe the timeframe was roughly "DON'T ASK!!!" :)

lol:eek:

I haven't paid anything, so I'm pretty cool with it. If they get back to me in 5 years demanding payment, they'll probably be SOL. :)

Been waiting since about Feb. 28th. I believe the timeframe was roughly "DON'T ASK!!!" :)

I've been waiting about the same time for a lesser in demand artist (Pete Woods). That's crazy that you got a don't ask reply back. Guess I've gotten spoiled as most of my commissions besides Bachalo have been done rather quickly.

I've been waiting about the same time for a lesser in demand artist (Pete Woods). That's crazy that you got a don't ask reply back. Guess I've gotten spoiled as most of my commissions besides Bachalo have been done rather quickly.

I'm exaggerating a bit. First of all, I haven't dealt with Adams at all., it's been his rep the whole time. And he was very up front about how he does business. He's a busy guy, Adams gets a lot of requests, etc. Once Art agreed to do my commission, his rep made it clear that he just couldn't make any promises about how long it'd take. He played up the fact that Art has always come through in the past, so it's just a question of time.

I didn't have to pay anything up front...When the thing's done, they'll send me a pic. If I'm into it, I can pay and they'll send it to me. If not, he'll sell it on ebay or wherever, and my name's mud if I ever want another commission. :shrug: It's not super friendly, but I do appreciate the honesty. It's better than a bunch of kind words, followed by the exact same process, y'know?

I'm exaggerating a bit. First of all, I haven't dealt with Adams at all., it's been his rep the whole time. And he was very up front about how he does business. He's a busy guy, Adams gets a lot of requests, etc. Once Art agreed to do my commission, his rep made it clear that he just couldn't make any promises about how long it'd take. He played up the fact that Art has always come through in the past, so it's just a question of time.

I didn't have to pay anything up front...When the thing's done, they'll send me a pic. If I'm into it, I can pay and they'll send it to me. If not, he'll sell it on ebay or wherever, and my name's mud if I ever want another commission. :shrug: It's not super friendly, but I do appreciate the honesty. It's better than a bunch of kind words, followed by the exact same process, y'know?

Well last time I emailed Pete Woods rep was back on May 16th, nearly a month later and still no reply. I emailed him again today. I just don't want to come off as a bother and wind up with a stick figure. I already paid upfront too.

Arthur Adams is a legend, and churns out amazing work, so I can understand the wait. But at least the rep was upfront with you, Pete Woods rep hasn't even replied to my last email.

I am getting nothing from Seth Frail as well. It was supposed to be a quick commission too. At the 44 day mark I considered disputing the paypal, but he replied THEN and sent a prelim. Now I wish I had put in the dispute. My last few emails have gone unanswered. I wish I had known about his past troubles in this area when I commissioned him.

I like that Art Adams/Fanucci no BS approach myself, especially with no money up front. I also have Nick Pitarra taking forever as well, but that is okay with me because of his honesty with me. He even sent a scan of a great piece that I would have been happy with but was below his standards. At that point I told him to take his time and kill the 2 commissions at his leisure. Man, I can't wait for those as they are going to ROCK!

I am getting nothing from Seth Frail as well. It was supposed to be a quick commission too. At the 44 day mark I considered disputing the paypal, but he replied THEN and sent a prelim. Now I wish I had put in the dispute. My last few emails have gone unanswered. I wish I had known about his past troubles in this area when I commissioned him.

I like that Art Adams/Fanucci no BS approach myself, especially with no money up front. I also have Nick Pitarra taking forever as well, but that is okay with me because of his honesty with me. He even sent a scan of a great piece that I would have been happy with but was below his standards. At that point I told him to take his time and kill the 2 commissions at his leisure. Man, I can't wait for those as they are going to ROCK!

How'd you get in touch with Nick? Can you PM me his info?

That sounds okay actually, at least you know where you stand and if you dont like it ( as if ) you have a choice in the matter.

Better than paying up front and having the long worrying wait.

I hope he comes through for you soon, as I want to see the end result of your wait. :wishluck: