• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to image a comic for sale on eBay?

9 posts in this topic

Digital camera in a lightbox, or right from a scanner?

I have about 400 raw silver age in lower grade that I'll be putting up on eBay, and I haven't sold comics on eBay yet...only vintage toys.

I have the lightbox/camera setup already, but would invest in a scanner if it meant better images and more honest representation for the buyer....not to mention better profits on the few that are in better shape.

Any help/advice/anecdotes would be appreciated, thanks!

Peace,

Chip

There's no contest - a large, detailed scan will always be a better representation of the actual comic book.

Placed on top of a Roman or Greek Column purchased from Wal-Mart!!

Don't forget the most important part.

There's no contest - a large, detailed scan will always be a better representation of the actual comic book.

Thanks! Is there a section of this site with scanner model recommendations?

Peace,

Chip

Here's a scanner thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3693572&fpart=1

I also recommend using the HTML format on ebay, so you can place large scans in the description.

Placed on top of a Roman or Greek Column purchased from Wal-Mart!!

Don't forget the most important part.

With a busty girl touching the book.

Stay with the program, dammit!