• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mistakes / Errors in comic books from the SA ...

36 posts in this topic

In my spare time i manage to read a few comic books now and then. When i get to read i try and take in every detail so i do not miss anything. Two recent books that i read i noticed an obvious mistake in each. It was sorta fun 'finding' them.

And it also got me thinking ... how often does this happen? I know the writers and letterers are human too, but i guess it just surprised me how obvious these mistakes were, especially to me (a novice reader). Upon finding these mistakes i did a google search and found out that i was not the first person to notice these. I also did a quick forum search and couldn't find any threads devoted to mistakes and errors.

What mistakes have you come across in your reading??

I think the most famous error in terms of discussion is the Torch drawn with two left-hands on the cover of FF 3...

Not SA but early BA (Nov 1971) but so blatant as to mention...also front cover gaffe...ASM 102 referring to villian MORBIUS as MORIBUS... lol

Peter Parker / Peter Palmer

This is in ASM#1, right?

I have the masterworks and i think they corrected it. I have never read an original copy.

The error was uncorrected in the early Australian reprint of ASM #1, Done in 1963:

100_0686508x381.jpg

One of the error panels:

100_0687508x381.jpg

"Peter Palmer" can (just,sorry) be seen in the centre panel.

Not SA but early BA (Nov 1971) but so blatant as to mention...also front cover gaffe...ASM 101 referring to villian MORBIUS as MORIBUS... lol

I think that was 102 TR :makepoint:

I know that...I claim typo... :makepoint::makepoint:

I'm guessing the same goes for "villian" :baiting:

:foryou:

Not SA but early BA (Nov 1971) but so blatant as to mention...also front cover gaffe...ASM 101 referring to villian MORBIUS as MORIBUS... lol

I think that was 102 TR :makepoint:

I know that...I claim typo... :makepoint::makepoint:

I'm guessing the same goes for "villian" :baiting:

:foryou:

WOW...2 typos in one one-sentence post...my all-time record! :tonofbricks:doh!

There was a one shot in the early 80's- "Marvel Fumetti Book" that had a bunch of em in there I think. I have scans of some of the pages somewhere.

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Fumetti-Book-1/dp/B002NWERZC

Wow, this book can be had for a cheap price!

The Fumetti book was just a bunch of photos with word balloons.

The book you're thinking of is The Official Marvel No-Prize Book

57821339658.1.gif