• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The book has arrived! Hey IAN Part 2...

109 posts in this topic

Well lets see how many I get!

I am POSITIVE there's some Bettie Page pictorials in some of those magazine lots, I just don't have the stones to pull the trigger. You want a hoot, read "men's" magazines from 1959.

I've been outbid!

Anyway I fully intend to do a "Christine" and buy a spare copy.

Come on Ian, I want this sucker!!!! Don't snipe me!

I wanted it too until like 7 board members outbid me.....now I will just watch from the sidelines thumbsup2.gif

Yes, but not for the reason you think. Somebody will look at that book and say LORDY MAW! THAT THERE'S ONE OF THEM COMICKAL BOOKS! AND ITS DURN OLD! I'LL BETCHA WE COULD GET TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND MILLION DOLLARS FOR IT!

There's an old dear out on the West Coast who thinks that already about her Detective 3. Which is why she's still not sold it. As funny as your quote sounds, it is actually true.

Seems to be a some kind of warehouse find. Seller claims they are unread and there are a lot of same books on those lots.

Hey Shield that Donal Duck 46 in your lot, is it in good condition? It's one of the more valuable books in DD run.

Same seller. Either he's got a warehouse full of 'em 893whatthe.gif or he messed up and listed the same lot he already sold to Shield. insane.gifforeheadslap.gif

news.gif Ok here's the scoop. When I saw the original auction I immediately contacted the guy and talked him into ending it early. He did so and then talked to me for a while afterwards. It seems that he is sitting on the motherload of all motherloads of late 50s to early 60s books. He said that he has "thousands and thousands" of them, many of them unread, etc. Thing is...they were stored under horrible conditions as you can see from the scan. He calls his comic storage place "the crypt" as in "I'm going down to the crypt to get another 30 or so for an eBay auction". He said he has all types - Marvel, DC, etc. I have been monitoring this guy's auctions and I have been noticing dups coming up in different lots of his.

So my advice to you all is not to blow your wad on this copy. I would bet anything that he has more copies that he will put out over time.

Same seller. Either he's got a warehouse full of 'em 893whatthe.gif or he messed up and listed the same lot he already sold to Shield. insane.gifforeheadslap.gif

news.gif Ok here's the scoop. When I saw the original auction I immediately contacted the guy and talked him into ending it early. He did so and then talked to me for a while afterwards. It seems that he is sitting on the motherload of all motherloads of late 50s to early 60s books. He said that he has "thousands and thousands" of them, many of them unread, etc. Thing is...they were stored under horrible conditions as you can see from the scan. He calls his comic storage place "the crypt" as in "I'm going down to the crypt to get another 30 or so for an eBay auction". He said he has all types - Marvel, DC, etc. I have been monitoring this guy's auctions and I have been noticing dups coming up in different lots of his.

So my advice to you all is not to blow your wad on this copy. I would bet anything that he has more copies that he will put out over time.

So we can ALL have our own copy of Buzzy #70?????? cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Now FOAD all you other fookers! This lot is MINE MINE MINE!!!! 27_laughing.gif

First one's free. Let the punishment bidding commence.....

Yes won't it be funny when someone bids a thousand dollars for it and then I don't bid against them ...................

I'd like to see anyone else buy it off them then.............

(A bit like my two copies of Scribbly 6)

Ian - I really hope you are joking here. I have not said much about your quests but the few posts I have made have been positive. You just got a free copy and you post this? Like I say, I hope it is a joke.

Seems to be a some kind of warehouse find. Seller claims they are unread and there are a lot of same books on those lots.

Hey Shield that Donal Duck 46 in your lot, is it in good condition? It's one of the more valuable books in DD run.

Anyone can have any book in my lot for free, provided they cover shipping and my gas to the post office. Not totally free - PM me if you want any. The Archie book I'm keeping though, FYI. Add $2 for the hassle plus shipping.

Anyone can have any book in my lot for free, provided they cover shipping and my gas to the post office. Not totally free - PM me if you want any. The Archie book I'm keeping though, FYI. Add $2 for the hassle plus shipping.

Dibs on Bob Hope and Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis!

893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Doesn't count, you gotta PM me. P.S. I'm leaving tommorrow for Boston, and won't return until Wednesday. First come first serve! What did I say, $20 for gas plus shipping per book? insane.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Little Lulu, please! grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

So we can ALL have our own copy of Buzzy #70??????

OK so instead of all forumites wearing a blue shirt avatar we can all buy a copy of Buzzy 70. grin.gif

And you thought getting everone to put on the blue shirt was tough... insane.gif

OK so instead of all forumites wearing a blue shirt avatar we can all buy a copy of Buzzy 70. grin.gif

And you thought getting everone to put on the blue shirt was tough... insane.gif

Tough? I barely got any work done for two days while I responded to request after request to make blue shirt avatars. Once the first few converted, everyone wanted one. It was almost like being alive during the 50s when the hula hoop was invented.

Tough? I barely got any work done for two days while I responded to request after request to make blue shirt avatars. Once the first few converted, everyone wanted one. It was almost like being alive during the 50s when the hula hoop was invented.

I made my own! Time to change it though - tomorrow - it needsa trip to the laundry!

Time to change it though - tomorrow - it needsa trip to the laundry!

Changing your avatar? hmmm...

We have conformed long enough! Let the streets run blue with the blood of that Avatarists!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

::errr - is thumbsup2.gif kind of out of context for my previous?::