• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The book has arrived! Hey IAN Part 2...

109 posts in this topic

Ian - I really hope you are joking here. I have not said much about your quests but the few posts I have made have been positive. You just got a free copy and you post this? Like I say, I hope it is a joke.

I think you missed the joke that I was saying entirely. I was joking about someone bidding a thousand dollars for it thinking I'd buy it for more, when of course we all know that won't happen because of Shield's generosity. I thought the joke was clear.

foreheadslap.gif

There's an old dear out on the West Coast who thinks that already about her Detective 3. Which is why she's still not sold it. As funny as your quote sounds, it is actually true.

Yeah, I tried to buy that book from Nancy Caldwell a while back, but her price was sickening. Oh well.

Yeah, I tried to buy that book from Nancy Caldwell a while back, but her price was sickening. Oh well.

Yep. That's the very one.

I thought you already had Detective 3 and 4 ???

It was you who's got the Big Book Of Fun Comics, wasn't it ???

I need it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly now.

Yep. That's the very one.

I thought you already had Detective 3 and 4 ???

It was you who's got the Big Book Of Fun Comics, wasn't it ???

I need it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly now.

I have the 4, but not the 3. I do have the Big Book. It's the one folks are using in the gallery of books you still need. I also have New Adventure 22 and 27. grin.gif

I have the 4, but not the 3. I do have the Big Book. It's the one folks are using in the gallery of books you still need. I also have New Adventure 22 and 27.

So you have four of the six books I need to complete the absolute full set of EVERY DC comic ever made for sale.

I also have New Adventure 22 and 27.

I think we discussed this ages ago.

How very fascinating that you also don't have the 26, which along with the 13 are supposed to be the rarest DCs.

Do you have a 13 ???

think we discussed this ages ago.

How very fascinating that you also don't have the 26, which along with the 13 are supposed to be the rarest DCs.

Do you have a 13 ???

I have the 13. I bought it from Charles Wooley in 1993. I bought my 22 from Mark Wilson in 1988, and the 27 from Motorcity in 1999 at San Diego. I only need 26 to have them all from 1-40. I have never even seen a 26, nevermind one for sale.

I only need 26 to have them all from 1-40. I have never even seen a 26, nevermind one for sale.

Which means I may NEVER complete my DC collection.

So near yet SOOOOO far.

Since the parameters of your collection include weekly DCs, TECHNICALLY you will NEVER complete your quest (even if you acquire the last 6/7) until DC stops publishing new comics.

I only need 26 to have them all from 1-40. I have never even seen a 26, nevermind one for sale.

So near yet SOOOOO far.

Since the parameters of your collection include weekly DCs, TECHNICALLY you will NEVER complete your quest (even if you acquire the last 6/7) until DC stops publishing new comics.

And with those words a hush descends upon the crowd as they await Darth's 10,000th post. Surely an event this cataclysmic deserves a thread of its' own? stooges.gif

So near yet SOOOOO far.

And with those words a hush descends upon the crowd as they await Darth's 10,000th post. Surely an event this cataclysmic deserves a thread of its' own? stooges.gif

popcorn.gif

But I automatically get every new DC every week, so the collection remains complete on a weekly basis.

So near yet SOOOOO far.

Yep, might as well quit now. makepoint.gif

So near yet SOOOOO far.

popcorn.gif

No popcorn required - hence the "kidaround" graemlin. I was being slightly ironic (it's only a post count, after all) but I think reaching 10,000 posts actually does deserve its' own thread. Only three other Forumites have managed it.

So near yet SOOOOO far.

popcorn.gif

No popcorn required - hence the "kidaround" graemlin. I was being slightly ironic (it's only a post count, after all) but I think reaching 10,000 posts actually does deserve its' own thread. Only three other Forumites have managed it.

Give me a week or two and we'll have a fifth. cool.gifinsane.gif

So near yet SOOOOO far.

popcorn.gif

Give me a week or two and we'll have a fifth. cool.gifinsane.gif

grin.gif893whatthe.gif