• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet another AC1 at auction

41 posts in this topic

Slightly brittle and a spine split up to the bottom staple. 4.5? CGC, that's a joke.

but other than those errors that book really presents well

for a one that is 75 years old.

If I had the money, I'd take it!

(thumbs u

Slightly brittle and a spine split up to the bottom staple. 4.5? CGC, that's a joke.

Seems like I asked a question a year or so ago about the highest grade a book could receive with slightly brittle pages. I think the answer I got was either 7 or 7.5.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=432392

Seems like there's one for every new CC auction :ohnoez:

That's the Gerber Photo-Journal copy!

Thought I recognized that marking from somewhere.

but other than those errors that book really presents well

for a one that is 75 years old.

If I had the money, I'd take it!

(thumbs u

It's a death sentence. No way to improve the PQ unless you conserve it and put it in a purple label. Only thing it can go to is brittle pages if not stored right.

Why is it a joke?

A spine split is allowed in most grades up to about 9.0 (that's the highest grade I've seen a book get one, albeit it was tiny) depending on how large it is.

This is a really nice presenting 4.5 with the spine split causing the majority of the downgrade, IMO.

That split doesn't quite go to the bottom staple and is very acceptable in VG+ grade IMO.

Why is it a joke?

A spine split is allowed in most grades up to about 9.0 (that's the highest grade I've seen a book get one, albeit it was tiny) depending on how large it is.

This is a really nice presenting 4.5 with the spine split causing the majority of the downgrade, IMO.

That split doesn't quite go to the bottom staple and is very acceptable in VG+ grade IMO.

Okay a big split like that is fine on a C/OW book. A SB book? I don;t like it.

Seems like I asked a question a year or so ago about the highest grade a book could receive with slightly brittle pages. I think the answer I got was either 7 or 7.5.

I thought I saw an Action #36 CGC 8.5 with slightly brittle paqges but, I could be wrong.