• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Ebayers - are they known and how to stop them!

33 posts in this topic

Seriously, the NM'ers and the GREATEST STEAL posters. I'm sick of them all!

Sure they refund your purchase but I'm still losing $ on the return shipping. What a waste. Why can't people be honest!

Seriously, the NM'ers and the GREATEST STEAL posters. I'm sick of them all!

Sure they refund your purchase but I'm still losing $ on the return shipping. What a waste. Why can't people be honest!

Have I said Welcome to the Boards yet? If not, Welcome to the Boards.

Shame, there have been ebay moments for me of pure surprise and pleasure. But those are few and far between. I got back into the hobby 2 years ago after an almost 20 year break and just realized now, pay more, get a quality product and forget what you paid for it. As long as you're happy.

If all of a seller's books are NM then you can figure that all of them are not.

If a seller has up 50 or 100 store/auction items and it looks like each one is individually graded (and they have different grades), with +ses -ses, etc. at least they have made the effort to attempt to grade. they might be overgrading, but at least they're consistent and predictable. look at the scans, etc.

I'd also add, never buy a raw book off ebay you hope to be slab-worthy in the 9.4 - 9.8 range unless you know the seller or are paying a price where you can deal with it if it's more like a 9.2. Sure, you will miss out on some steals, but I'm guessing you will miss out on a lot more disappointment.

Im jusy starting afte a 20 year break I won a Autographed Spawn from Mcfarlane and i wanna start collecting his CGC SS comics CAN I TRUST THOSE ON EBAY????

If you're buying already graded SS copies, what exactly are you worried about? (shrug)

Buy in a auction format where the price is dictated by the demand for that book at that moment (or at least those that are aware of it within that particular auction duration) and you're good. (thumbs u

I think buying on eBay gets a bit of a bad rap on the boards.The company itself is open to many complaints due to its business practices, but there are many very good sellers on eBay. I have a nice long list of trusted sellers and over the last 15 years I've only had a handful of bad transactions.

If you don't feel comfortable with the photos posted, don't buy. If feedback sucks, don't buy. And pay attention to which dealers are outed on the boards, very little gets by the board members.

Just worried about if there is a way they fake the CGC SS in any way out there is all plus the book im lookin at said the CGC mislabeled the comic its a pollybagged edition but not listed as such on the CGC SS label, but it seems like the CGC is super trusted so im going 4'em THANKS 4 THE RESPONE