• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Silver Age for sale...DC, Marvel, Western, War, Gold Key, misc.

94 posts in this topic

Superman 163 - $5

Superman 163 front

Superman 163 back

Superman 166 - $8

Superman 166 front

Superman 166 back

Superman 167 - $8

Superman 167 front

Superman 167 back

Superman 168 - $7

Superman 168 front

Superman 168 back

Superman 177 - $4

Superman 177 front

Superman 177 back

Superman 181 - $7

Superman 181 front

Superman 181 back

Superman 194 - SOLD

Superman 200 - $7

Superman 200 front

Superman 200 back

Superman 201 - $5

Superman 201 front

Superman 201 back

Superman 203 - $4

Superman 203 front

Superman 203 back

Superman 204 - $7

Superman 204 front

Superman 204 back

Superman 206 - SOLD

Superman 209 - SOLD

Superman 211 - $5

Superman 211 front

Superman 211 back

Superman 213 - SOLD

Superman 215 - SOLD

Superman 218 - $5

Superman 218 front

Superman 218 back

Superman 220 - $7

Superman 220 front

Superman 220 back

Superman 221 - SOLD

Superman 222 - $7

Superman 222 front

Superman 222 back

Superman 223 - SOLD

Superman 224 - SOLD

Superman 225 - SOLD

Superman 228 - $5

Superman 228 front

Superman 228 back

Superman 231 - SOLD

Superman 233 - $5

Superman 233 front

Superman 233 back

Superman 234 - SOLD

Superman 235 - SOLD

Superman 237 - SOLD

Superman 238 - SOLD

If no one is biting at your prices, discount everything by a %. Try 20% off to start and see if there are any sales. This type of stuff mostly sells for anywhere between 25% - 60% of guide here on the boards.

The Brent is wise...I've seen tons of similar books sell here. A couple of suggestions in addition to a flat rate discount.

1. You may want to offer package deals (i.e. all the Superman books for one price...a number of folks are bulk buyers of reader lots)

2. This cannot be changed in this thread (at least easily) but will likely help in the future. Put up only one or two books per post. With the giant pictures it really causes the load time to drag on your thread. Have to admit that I was looking for a Superman 233 for a friend and was wanting to check yours out. However, I got tired of waiting for the pic to load and moved on. I did come back later to check it out when my connection/the boards loaded faster, but some boardies may not.

Best of luck :)

Hi Chip,

My experience is low to mid grade 1960s/1970s DCs are difficult to sell on the boards. I think part of the reason is that most of the casual buyers here are Marvel followers more so than DC. For the DC collectors, many are looking to upgrade their existing copies.

In summary, the minority that want these books probably already have them in this general grade. :(

Brent offers good advice-- if you really want to move these, compose a recap list of what's remaining, offer a progressively increasing % off sale until they're gone. Or try a buy 3 get 2 free approach or other discounting package deal.

Good luck! I'm a fan of this type of material, but am trying to stop the accumulation for its own sake. :sorry:

My 2 cents :

You need to reformat your sales thread to make it less confusing, and just do one book or one set per frame. People can't quote what book they want because it might be buried in a 20 book frame. Also, grades would help as the pricing looks all over the board in relation to the apparent grades, leaving one to wonder what is up with otherwise nice looking books.

Look at some other sales threads that are working, and follow those examples.

Mike

Thanks a lot for the advice, guys...I'll try and reformat things, maybe putting thumbnails in the posts so the load times are lots faster.

I'm hesitant to post grades since I suck at grading.

Peace,

Chip

Added reduced lot prices for nearly all titles.

That'll be the last reduction on any of the prices...if they don't sell here I'll start putting them on eBay around the 1st of the month.

Thanks for looking! :)

Peace,

Chip