• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "I Love Reading Moderns" No Matter Their Worth Thread!

139 posts in this topic

Ok I need another epic read. something that is already done and 40-100 issues long.

Im leaning towards Ex Machina.. Any suggestions?

Just finished it and like it a lot. Not as much as Y, but still good in it's own right. And Tony Harris rocks the art on Ex Machina.

Ok I need another epic read. something that is already done and 40-100 issues long.

Im leaning towards Ex Machina.. Any suggestions?

Just finished it and like it a lot. Not as much as Y, but still good in it's own right. And Tony Harris rocks the art on Ex Machina.

(thumbs u

Ive had the 1st deluxe edition for awhile now.

I bought the first Morning Glories hardcover on a whim yesterday, and I'm finally sold. This after reading the first issue when it came out in 2010 and also trying out the first TPB last year, and not really getting into it.

Comparisons to "Lost" are apt, because it's very much like "Lost" set in a prep school right down to the mysterious character who makes contact with each of the Glories before they enter the Academy. I'm only through the first 12 issues, but I also smell some alternate universe stuff cooking as well...

I really have enjoyed Mark Millar's work.

KICK and KICK 2 were really enjoyable; NEMESIS I probably like the least so far; but SUPERIOR was the absolute best.

I may have to read some of his Marvel stuff.

(Actually, I read his CIVIL WAR in tpb (one of the only event series I've ever started and finished) and I thought his OLD MAN LOGAN was great (and normally I'm not a fan at all of 'non-canon imaginary' stories).

Millar has done some great work in the past.

he's also responsible for the worst atrocity to ever hit the comics world (No - not NM 98), - The Unfunnies.

I'm aware it was written as a piece of satire, with Millar trying to "Push the boundaries of decency".

Call me a prude, but it's the most offensive drivel ever conceived.

I highly recommend Ex Machina. Just a fun ride and it's great that the series had a start and an ending within 50 issues.

208887_20100906223453_large.jpg

This book has been a hidden gem. Entertaining every month.

199941_20100513201115_large.jpg

I have been enjoying these (Hellboy related) comics:

240612_20111223125331_large.jpg

232442_20110810155434_large.jpg

199288_20100508092240_large.jpg

241549_20120110151453_large.jpg

KICK and KICK 2 were really enjoyable; NEMESIS I probably like the least so far; but SUPERIOR was the absolute best.

(Actually, I read his CIVIL WAR in tpb (one of the only event series I've ever started and finished) and I thought his OLD MAN LOGAN was great (and normally I'm not a fan at all of 'non-canon imaginary' stories).

he's also responsible for the worst atrocity to ever hit the comics world (No - not NM 98), - The Unfunnies.

I'm aware it was written as a piece of satire, with Millar trying to "Push the boundaries of decency".

I agree I still havent watched the movie. I enjoy most of his stuff. I loved Wanted and Old Man Logan, but this stuff was terrible IMO.

I bought the first Morning Glories hardcover on a whim yesterday, and I'm finally sold. This after reading the first issue when it came out in 2010 and also trying out the first TPB last year, and not really getting into it.

Comparisons to "Lost" are apt, because it's very much like "Lost" set in a prep school right down to the mysterious character who makes contact with each of the Glories before they enter the Academy. I'm only through the first 12 issues, but I also smell some alternate universe stuff cooking as well...

I have to go back and read my trades again he has put alot of stuff in there you dont catch the first few reads. Been awhile since a modern has made me think this much.

Millar did some nice non-controversial writing in the early Superman Adventures books. They are fun little reads aimed for kids, but really for older kids (like us guys who like their Superman stories uncomplicated) too. They can be found in most $1 bins at many comic shops. (thumbs u

I have to go back and read my trades again he has put alot of stuff in there you dont catch the first few reads. Been awhile since a modern has made me think this much.

I didn't care for this title after issue five myself, but kept getting drawn back to it. I've got them up to issue sixteen now, which is the current issue I think. So, in other words, I'm building a nice little run I guess. lol

I didn't care for this title after issue five myself, but kept getting drawn back to it. I've got them up to issue sixteen now, which is the current issue I think. So, in other words, I'm building a nice little run I guess. lol
I dropped it at #5.

:hi:

Chuck,

Thanks for sharing. Criminal (thumbs u Loved Echo and LOVED LOVED The Sword. Highly Recommended (same with Girls and Ultra) if any folks didn't catch those either.

+1 on echo & sword ... amazing books! the sword is simply spectacular imo!

just ordered from amazon tmnt v3 , hellboy v5 & bprd v3 hcs :)can't wait for those 3 to get in! (worship)

just ordered from amazon tmnt v3 , hellboy v5 & bprd v3 hcs :)can't wait for those 3 to get in! (worship)

I need to go back and order Hellboy 2-5 of the Library Edition books. This way, once I finally read The Fury and see what took place, the entire history comes together from beginning to end.

Just read the new Daredevil series #1-9 (Mark Waid/Paolo Rivera).

I really enjoyed it. Solid writing (expected from Waid) and solid art/storytelling from Rivera.

I read a Marvel comic and I liked it. Been a while.

I'll put a +1 on this.