• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "I Love Reading Moderns" No Matter Their Worth Thread!

139 posts in this topic

Nice topic. I just started reading comics a week ago so I'm just buyting up cheap old vol's on ebay. And the new justice league.
Welcome. :hi:

Yeah, I'm looking for old trades left and right. Gonna check out my LCS (DoubleMidnightComics) Friday.

This section is very imformative with various runs that are written by folks who love their titles. If there isn't an "Appreciation Thread" about your title feel free to start one. I'm sure everyone would love to get your perspective on a certain title too. I'm seeing more and more book discussions during the past few days. :cloud9:

Just read tge first 2 tpbs of the unwritten and really enjoyed them. It's Harry Potter if Harry Potter was well written, funny & interesting. I shouldn't have used the "HP" word and I balked when it was suggested to me, but I think you'll enjoy it.

I'm patiently waiting for the next issue of Lady Mechanika from the Aspen camp. I'm really loving this series. In fact, I love almost everything from Aspen with the exception of the Executive Assistant series. Also, I'm really enjoying the new TMNT series from IDW. I was born in '84 so I grew up in the chaos that was Turtlemania. I had the action figures, pajamas, bed covers, and everything... I fraking love those green guys!

Parker - The Hunter and Parker - The Outfit, two fantastic Richard Stark crime novels wonderfully adapted by Darwyn Cooke. If you're a fan of crime noir, this is just fantastic work...

Agreed, just great reads and fantastic art by Cooke.

Just read tge first 2 tpbs of the unwritten and really enjoyed them. It's Harry Potter if Harry Potter was well written, funny & interesting. I shouldn't have used the "HP" word and I balked when it was suggested to me, but I think you'll enjoy it.

What is "tge"?

What is "tge"?

A typo ... Sorry!

I think Justin Jordan did a great job with the Luther Strode mini series and that Tradd Moore is the best new artist in comics. I hope that you will all pick up the TPB when it is released. If you have the ability to pick up the individual comics, you will not regret it. One is better than the next. I've seen comparisons to Kick and assure you that Luther Strode is a superior comic. It is my favorite new comic. In fact, I enjoyed issue 6, which was released this week, more than Saga #1.

I just picked up Saga 1 and Winter Solider 3. Winter Soldier fast became one of the best characters (IMHO) that Marvel has and Bruebaker's writing is fantastic. At $2.99 a pop, I could care less about the price considering I'm getting a kick out of reading them. I said I'd stop reacding Captain America if/when Steve Rogers returned, but I can't stop...I just can't!

I ALMOST added American Vampire to my pull list today. I think I'll stick to the hardcovers though. I might even drop a few titles in favor of trades. I'm transitioning my collection to bookcases and considering binding a few series. I think I might be about ready to jump ship to trades soon.

enjoying scarlet spider... makes me want to get the first app of kain ... i wonder how hard it would be to find a raw 9.8 cause I sure don't see any cgc on ebay ... I loved the part in #3 with how he ....minor spoiler ... broke that guys arm with his feet! So badass! (worship) & not something you would ever see spiderman do hahah! Does anyone know or have any idea how long scarlet spider will last ?.. I hate to get into things marvel these days & only have them last till #10 or #20 (shrug)

Unless that is the intent & the writer is able to properly tell & end said story the way they want to

Had a sale in my comic shop. I was supposed to get Ex Machina Hard cover 2 and 3. Instead got Ultimate Collection : Elektra by Greg Rucka and Ultimate Collection: Daredevil by Ed Brubaker.

Dont know if I made the right choice. I will get to Ex Machina eventually.

enjoying scarlet spider... makes me want to get the first app of kain ... i wonder how hard it would be to find a raw 9.8 cause I sure don't see any cgc on ebay ... I loved the part in #3 with how he ....minor spoiler ... broke that guys arm with his feet! So badass! (worship) & not something you would ever see spiderman do hahah! Does anyone know or have any idea how long scarlet spider will last ?.. I hate to get into things marvel these days & only have them last till #10 or #20 (shrug)

Unless that is the intent & the writer is able to properly tell & end said story the way they want to

Web of Spiderman #119, correct?

I am in the market for one as well!