• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,555 posts in this topic

Yep, that is one of the National Book Store editions sold in the Phillipines. They have odd issues of Marvel and DC issues. I have seen a JLA 136, Batman 236 and several Marvels as well.

was there a superboy 31 version?

Yes, Metarog, I would be interested to know the answer to this one as well?

Yep, that is one of the National Book Store editions sold in the Phillipines. They have odd issues of Marvel and DC issues. I have seen a JLA 136, Batman 236 and several Marvels as well.

was there a superboy 31 version?

Yes, Metarog, I would be interested to know the answer to this one as well?

I have not seen it as a National Book Store copy... now as to the Whitman variant :sick: I must have been seeing things again! :blush:

On to another area of 30 cent variants I was wondering how many people that frequent this forum are actively trying to complete the set who have not done it yet. As I have received some good advise on the way to approach the way it can be done. I would like to be able to work together as a network with anybody seriously attempting to complete a 30 cent variant set if we put our efforts as a team we can possibly be more efficient as a group. If anybody is interested let me know as I'm willing to go the extra mile to accomplish completing my set and the networks if you will. I'm sure the veteran variant members would be more than willing to give advise on helping the ones who are still attempting to complete it. I appreciate the help I've already received. And would be willing to pass it on when it is my turn to do so.

nanoc

:grin: I am still working on my 30's and just like 10 more, but I guess it will still take me quite a while to finish as some of those almost never come up for sale. (thumbs u

I'm always surprised that you got the 35 cent variants completed before the 30 cent ones. (worship)

Congrats to you guys picking up the sweet ones off ebay - there were a couple of top census in there that I just didn't have the time or $$$ to track or pick up. Zilla keeps talking about 100s of 30 cent variants coming up but :shrug:

and WTF is this:

Kid colt 219 variant or not

Edited by DARTHDIESEL

Hello Darth,

I wondered about that myself so I emailed the seller on the 12th,

Dear mojomagik75,

Is the comic pictured the comic that is being sold?

- canickus

This is the response that I received,

Dear canickus,

Yes this is the comic that i am selling.

- mojomagik75

So I sent him a followup email and have not yet received a reply.

Dear mojomagik75,

Thanks for your quick response. I meant to ask, Is the scan of the comic in your listing a scan of the actual book that you are selling?

thanks.

- canickus

Congrats to you guys picking up the sweet ones off ebay - there were a couple of top census in there that I just didn't have the time or $$$ to track or pick up. Zilla keeps talking about 100s of 30 cent variants coming up but :shrug:

and WTF is this:

Kid colt 219 variant or not

Carl,

That was my book. Daffy has that copy now.

So for those that do not know--google kid colt 219 and select images. That pic comes up from the STL gallery. Yes, I did that scan with the bag on. The seller is not selling the book in the scan.

The seller may be selling a 219. He may be selling a variant. But one thing is for sure, unless he is Daffy06 Derek Ferrell, or he aquired the book from Daffy06, you are not going to get the book in the scan.

Harry

Edited by ShieldAgent

Wow! never sold.. everything i said on the auction was true! i have had only two of these comics in the past two years! The Star Wars issue 1 with no price sold over a year ago for around $56.. yet when i put this comic up and identified it as a philippine editon it did not sell! I had ten watchers on this auction!

to tell you the truth , i was a bit shocked.... i do not believe these editions are in low print... so far seems that the phillipines editons only cover from 1976 to 1977 from what I have found so far, and they are printed in English..

i guess i will hang on to it for awhile..

in the meantime:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320197354231&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D320197354231%2509%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

let me know if anyone is interested..

Actually correction,,,, i believe the Fantastic Four 170 from the phillipines is in low print..

and when you open the auction site for the Amethyst variants.. it says the ebay seller is private! I have never privatized my buying habits... so what is up with that? something ebay did not me! .. you guys can stalk all you want! i just spend about 4 hours a night on ebay.. i do not have much of a social life because of it!

Wow! never sold.. everything i said on the auction was true! i have had only two of these comics in the past two years! The Star Wars issue 1 with no price sold over a year ago for around $56.. yet when i put this comic up and identified it as a philippine editon it did not sell! I had ten watchers on this auction!

to tell you the truth , i was a bit shocked.... i do not believe these editions are in low print... so far seems that the phillipines editons only cover from 1976 to 1977 from what I have found so far, and they are printed in English..

i guess i will hang on to it for awhile..

in the meantime:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320197354231&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D320197354231%2509%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

let me know if anyone is interested..

I am interested--I sent you a PM. I can Email you if you like......

I'm new to this board but I see there are other 35 cent variant collectors out there. I have collected 35 cent variants for some time and have not seen very many 9.0 or higher variants for sale. I saw a CGC'd 9.4 sell for $5100 recently - wow! Are 30 cent variants worth much any more?

I was looking on Ebay and I see that Jon McClure has some of his variants for sale. He was the one that started this whole crazy thing and messed up my collection. I notice he has a 9.0 Iron Fist 14 and a group of others in 9.0+ condition. Might be worth checking out. There is one in the lot that I want but I'll have to email him seperately to see if he'll break up the set for that one.

35 cent variant lot

Iron Fist 14 Variant

Edited by Dean

Welcome to the boards.

The guys posting here have been onto variants at least since Jon's aritcle and probably before. Dan (Flying Dount) and Paul (SilverAndBronze) were the first two guys I met after I started looking for these and that was back in 1997 (I believe). There are probably more completed sets of 30 centers on this board than any other place on earth.

It seems interest in the 30 centers have picked up in the past few months.. maybe b/c they cooled off and got affordable again. With the exception of westerns, horror and really high grade they can all be had pretty cheaply.

Are you trying to put toghter some sets? How close are you?

I'm new to this board but I see there are other 35 cent variant collectors out there. I have collected 35 cent variants for some time and have not seen very many 9.0 or higher variants for sale. I saw a CGC'd 9.4 sell for $5100 recently - wow! Are 30 cent variants worth much any more?

I was looking on Ebay and I see that Jon McClure has some of his variants for sale. He was the one that started this whole crazy thing and messed up my collection. I notice he has a 9.0 Iron Fist 14 and a group of others in 9.0+ condition. Might be worth checking out. There is one in the lot that I want but I'll have to email him seperately to see if he'll break up the set for that one.

35 cent variant lot

Iron Fist 14 Variant

PM me what you need, I still have twenty one 35 cent variant duplicates left.......

I am looking for a couple myself, so pm me your duplicates, perhaps we can trade....

Anyone ever noticed how Weird Wonder Tales 21 has a cover price of 30 cents , but 25 cents on the indica?

No, I didn't know. I am assuming all issue are the same right? This was several months after they changed the price so Marvel really messed up.

Anyone ever noticed how Weird Wonder Tales 21 has a cover price of 30 cents , but 25 cents on the indica?

No, I didn't know. I am assuming all issue are the same right? This was several months after they changed the price so Marvel really messed up.

I'm guessing yes, but hoping for NO :wishluck: Just going through more of bronze store stock. I thought I found a variant at first, but quickly realized no. I don't know my 30 centers as well as 35's lol

Anyone else have a copy that can verify? I only had 1 in the box.