• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,554 posts in this topic

Got my Ghost Rider 18 today and guess what, it was switched with a good- shaped 25 cent copy. Only $4.00 , but I filled a claim against the seller anyway. Doing the bait and swith over a couple dollars is sad.

I believe that picture was lifted from this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320223537156

Seller saw that copy sell for $60+ and figured the picture and description must have been the key to the bucks.

I won an auction for a Daredevil 35 cent variant for the minimum bid of $2. The book was gorgeous and the book would have completed my 35 cent Daredevil set. Of course, when it arrived after $6 more dollars in shipping, it was 30 cent beater. I asked the seller what she was going to do about it. She said she didn't know how it happened and didn't realize the picture was of a 35 cent variant but she would be willing to give me a refund on the cost of the book if I sent it back to her in the same condition. I asked her if she was offering a refund of $2 or if she was offering $8 and she confirmed that she was offering $2. I explained that it would cost me more than $2 to send it back to her and her response was, "yeah, it probably would." I filed dispute for item not as described and negged her. She was NARU'd shortly thereafter.

great to see this topic still up and running!

variants still suck

Couldn't agree any more. Please send me yours and I'll get rid of them for you. :cloud9:

did you quit making variants in your basement?

Yes, my price sticker gun broke long ago. lol

:) :thumbsup: I think the Registry can only be updated with re: to missing issues in the 35 cent variant set, once an extant copy is certified. I remeber that being the case when I was asking for MDF 17 to be included in the 30 cent registry list.

Found this one at my LCS a couple of weeks ago. I will probably be selling it in the near future, any guesses as to value? I'd say it's in the lower fine range.

I will probably just pop it onto eBay with a $1 starting bid.

hulk216.jpg