• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,555 posts in this topic

hey klozd24seven:

Saw you got that amythest book, with a best offer--congrats :applause:

Thanks (thumbs u . Super tough to come by, for me anyways. The last one I saw sell was Dans copy. Although I do know the fella who owns the pair of CGC 9.4's, actually held em pre-slab and post, solid copies they are...but he wants WAAAAAAY TOOOOO much. I will gladly settle for this copy :grin:. Now to find a #1... :insane::wishluck:

I believe I saw that there are two 35 cent versions of both books.......

so you need three more books. :baiting:

hey klozd24seven:

Saw you got that amythest book, with a best offer--congrats :applause:

Thanks (thumbs u . Super tough to come by, for me anyways. The last one I saw sell was Dans copy. Although I do know the fella who owns the pair of CGC 9.4's, actually held em pre-slab and post, solid copies they are...but he wants WAAAAAAY TOOOOO much. I will gladly settle for this copy :grin:. Now to find a #1... :insane::wishluck:

I believe I saw that there are two 35 cent versions of both books.......

so you need three more books. :baiting:

:frustrated:

Just when I thought I was getting somewhere.....uuuuuggggghhhhh!!!!!1

Strong Guy, this is the All Detergent Amazing Spider-Man 184 copy. Like most, yours does not have a sticker.

I have done a little research on it and have started a thread over at Stlcomics. com

I'll link it.

It was in a $1 box at WWTx back in November -- local dealer. It's been in a stack of unprocessed book sitting on my desk since then.

Ok, thanks for sharing. I have updated my thread to include this location of distribution. I have seen another from this general area.

I saw a beat up copy sell for $42 dollars not long ago. This is a tough book and us Spidey fans are completist. Good find.

lol, is that from the "Scottish Mistaken 30-cent Variant" pedigree. lol

I'd pay big money for an 25 cent priced copy of this issue lol

Not as much as I would.

Matt Nelson also had a Skull the Slayer #7 that had an erroneous 30 cent variant on the CGC label... however unlike that one this one is actually on the census as a variant. I wonder if he has a nice MSH #59 that he will be submitting as well... might make a nice non-variant set!

Anyone ever done a study or comparison of Direct Sale (Whitman) Marvels versus the regular versions. I'm curious as to how the numbers compare and if the numbers are low for Higher grades.

A couple of years ago it took me about 200 ebay listings to track down a 9.0/9.2 X-men #118.

I just did a quick look through current listings and completed listings of ASM #172 because I have a certain interest in that book right now. Out of 75 current and completed listings over the last 30 days, only 2 out of 75 were Whitman variants. The grades of those two were 3.0 and 5.5.

I would imagine that 9.6 and 9.8 copies of these would be pretty hard to come by. Has anyone else ever studied these at all or have an opinion on them?

Matt Nelson also had a Skull the Slayer #7 that had an erroneous 30 cent variant on the CGC label... however unlike that one this one is actually on the census as a variant. I wonder if he has a nice MSH #59 that he will be submitting as well... might make a nice non-variant set!

This is the second 30 cent variant I've seen recently that's been mislabeled by CGC. Maybe they need to tighten up their QC because something like this is easily resolved by pulling out the Overstreet...

They have a responsibility to get things like this right since some people will buy the comic based on the label...

And before people say CGC just took for granted what was written on the submission...Nelson should know better...

Jim

This is the second 30 cent variant I've seen recently that's been mislabeled by CGC. Maybe they need to tighten up their QC because something like this is easily resolved by pulling out the Overstreet...

They have a responsibility to get things like this right since some people will buy the comic based on the label...

And before people say CGC just took for granted what was written on the submission...Nelson should know better...

Jim

Nelson doesn't know much about price variants, we've talked about it before. On that particular book/auction I sent him an email.

Congratulations to Darthdiesel

Earned 2008 Best Modern Age Sets.

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.asp?IDArticle=1077

Way to go Carl.

Marvel 30 Cent Price Variants

30 cent price variants in high grade are a difficult thing to come by. Perhaps it is because Darthdiesel has already found so many of them. This is an exemplary collection of the many different books that went through the 30 cent price variant experiment. There are a few books missing and some lower grades on some issues, but to have so many of the books in this set certified in such high grade is remarkable

WTF is this listed under Modern?

Do the real Modern sets suck so hard,as it's pretty easy to snag a run of 9.8 copies, that they have to go back to the mid-70's?

Hello... CGC-fly... anybody home... those books are now 32 years old!!