• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,554 posts in this topic

okay, somehow I ended up on a different area... You know I can never get this posting stuff right! Here it is again:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Looks like they forgot about the 35 cent Price Variant note on this one! doh!

:banana:

Frank, I know forumite silverandbronze had possibly this same issue and he picked up one in similar grade on the cheap because of the lack of notation (8.5 xmen 35 center) - could be wrong it may have been 107, only paul can verify that for sure
Carl's right--whatta memory. I can't recall for sure, but I want to say my copy was a 7.0 or 7.5. Same deal, though. No notation on the slab--the seller thought he was sticking it to me for 50 bucks. Think I ended up selling it for $750 (wish I hadn't, but I was saving up money to start the business).

VG+ is a perfectly appropriate grade on that Kid Colt, don't let anyone tell you any different. Although CGC would probably go lower, but I digress.

Pretty much looks like VG+ses I have in my store:

amazingspiderman171.jpg

hulk184.jpg

A VG- (but it's all subjective -- chips out bother me more than creases):

superboy168.jpg

And no, I'm not doing this to solicit sales.

Edited by the blob

I watched that pretty closely, I bid at 420.00 with 15 seconds left, thought I actually had a shot . lol!!

Without a doubt one of the hardest to find I think only one on the census and maybe 3 known total?

The seller had no clue the rarity so his listing was vague.Some Dork tipped him off.

He updated the listing generated some interest so me and a few others couldnt steal a deal!!

Edited by bronzilla

that's a nice book still...I still haven't seen one at any of the cons I've been to in the last two years haven't been able to get my hands on one...

I know I was probably bid against you right at the end...I only bid 375 though..I thought I was gonna get a good deal, I dont understand why someone tipped him...most of the variants I've been seeing on feebay have been set at crazy prices now...

Thanks, IF-14 35 cents is rare, but compared to the westerns, it gluts the market!!

I would trade my Iron fist 14 and Star wars#1 35 cents variants along with a few others for one of the western variants in a second!

I watched that pretty closely, I bid at 420.00 with 15 seconds left, thought I actually had a shot . lol!!

Without a doubt one of the hardest to find I think only one on the census and maybe 3 known total?

The seller had no clue the rarity so his listing was vague.Some Dork tipped him off.

He updated the listing generated some interest so me and a few others couldnt steal a deal!!

so, here is the real story. I saw the book right after it was listed. lucky timing, I guess. I bid, as I usually do. Then I sent an email where I told the seller that I had one, but was asking if he had any more variants besides the defenders that he had listed.

the seller wrote me back and told me he had recieved a large offer for the book, and since I already have one, would I mind if he took that offer. I then told him the sales prices of the last two copies to show up on ebay, and their grades. Then I blogged about the book at variantmafia.com.

I guess that makes me the dork, because the seller chose to put up bigger scans.

so, here is the real story. I saw the book right after it was listed. lucky timing, I guess. I bid, as I usually do. Then I sent an email where I told the seller that I had one, but was asking if he had any more variants besides the defenders that he had listed.

the seller wrote me back and told me he had recieved a large offer for the book, and since I already have one, would I mind if he took that offer. I then told him the sales prices of the last two copies to show up on ebay, and their grades. Then I blogged about the book at variantmafia.com.

I guess that makes me the dork, because the seller chose to put up bigger scans.

No offense! :foryou: I used the term "Dork" In the nicest way..you know.. it was a term of endearmant. In other words I used the word "Dork" as Greggy would use it! :angel: