• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,557 posts in this topic

How come the easy to find Defenders go up $33 to $40 and Weird Wonder Tales stay at $21??????

Because a few dealers actually sold some Defenders variants, and (gasp) reported them?

thumbsup2.gif

Still,these prices would hold for an average of prices reported for unslabbed sales. Probably not enough sales data points for the Westerns to affect how it is listed in Guide. The crazy prices paid for the occasional sale make for good outliers that get dropped when the Overstreet formulas get applied confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice to see the Defenders variants finally getting the respect that is long overdue these classic works of literature yay.gif

Give me back my Defenders 30 center I sent ya yeahok.gif

Seriously all Defenders 30 centers I have found at least a few copies of each and passed on them. For a generally conservative guide I am really suprised by that huge increase in those books. I could believe it in Westerns and a few of the Horror books, but not these. Sales data can support those I think ever see one sell cheap? Like under $20 even in low grade.?

Now on to the 35 centers which are sooo much more fun to hunt and much more of a challenge to find. devil.gif

prices holding steady for those issues, or is the correction finally happening?

Who knows, I just collect 'em. confused-smiley-013.gif

i'm not curious because i want to sell any, you know... foreheadslap.gif

Speaking of foreign comics. Anyone know if the Pence copies had variant prices in the explsion price tags. I notice the price goes from 10 back down to 8 then up to 9 but that could just be from currency variation. This was during the 25 cents to 30 cent increase.

Ed

Didn't see a reply to this one.

Were there any variants among the Pence copies?

Now on to the 35 centers which are sooo much more fun to hunt and much more of a challenge to find.

Like this small group cloud9.gif1251134-35%5C%27s.jpg

cloud9.gif

I would crack those two slabs........

Why would someone slab those two books in those grades?