• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,558 posts in this topic

#6 - Do not alert members of Price Variant Club for hidden variants. Let them find their own damn variants. Just quoting FD here. (tsk)

lol

:acclaim:

I was selling this book and noticed the square discoloration over the issue number. When I checked out sales on ebay, I noticed that there are actually three versions on this copy. A Whitman, and the two regular versions, one with the discoloration and one without.

I doubt if there is any real interest in collecting "miscolored issue number" versions but I do think it is interesting, especially to DC Whitman buyers. I'm thinking the discoloration occurred due to them taking the box off and there being an affect on the 4 color process?

I'm checking to see if there are any others.

scan0751.jpg

bat1.9121a.jpg

8251401_1.jpg

From a printing aspect it looks like they did indeed mix up they printing plates.

What it looks like is they mixed up the yellow and magenta plates between the regular and Whitmen sets.

So in essence there is a whitman, a regular and a hybrid variant!

Never seen a cross breed like that before!!!

Well there are some know miscolor variants that are popular.

FF 110 and there is a captain america 114 i think with the shield in 2 color variants!

Nice find!!

Edited by mrchocholat

And with that Marvel Team-Up 48...the 30 cent price variant collection is complete!

:banana:

As the New Guy, you have to get coffee and bagels for the meetings. Congratulations!

I didn't know there were that many war/western 30's out there. Congrats on a very tough, not to mention expensive set!

is 10 alot?

I am trying to remember... right now, I can think of 7 complete sets counting peterpark. There was another unconfirmed set supposedly out there.

Darthdiesel's once highest ranking set is no more.

I think Sandro finished.

I know three other sets that are less than five books to go each.

So, assuming Sandro finished, we have 8 complete sets, plus three that are real close which would bring us to 11 - 12 total in the time it takes to complete the three sets with less than 5.

I don't know who else might chase them, but I could see other sets in the future. As sets are completed, the competition, and prices have come down. Also, the people who have sets and duplicates are selling the duplicates making new sets easier.

Makes me curious though...who are all the other members?

Roger, Dan, Paul, Craig, Glenn, Sandro, you and I

Don't you mean Roger, Dan, Paul, Craig, Glenn, Sandro you and I and I....

:baiting:

:pullhair:

What I meant was: Roger, Dan, Paul, Craig, Craig, Glenn, Sandro, Peterpark, and I.