• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,554 posts in this topic

At long last, the Marvel 35 Cent Masterlist has been updated. It includes the complete checklist of Marvel 35 cent price variants. It also includes the CGC condition census for each book (top five graded copies) as well as price information on each book that you can't find anywhere else.

Marvel 35 Cent Variant Masterlist

Craig

Are TOD 58-60 due for a rarity range bump? 6 copies graded, RR= 5-15?

Unless you think that the number of copies graded = the number of copies that are known, then it seems safe to bump that up a bit.

Just my 2c from way up here in the cheap seats. Great info, just trying to point out a minor update you might want to consider.

By the same logic, Marvel Tales #83 graded copies (5) is at parity with the low range number and could be considered. Marvel Super Action #3, 8 copies graded... Iron Fist 14, Black Panther 5, 2001 Space Odyssey 7-10 - all are showing graded copies exceeding the bottom of the ranges.

Great stuff Craig... are you sure about Super Marvel Action #3 being only 5-15? There were some auctions years back that featured quite a few of them for several weeks in a row.

For sure. There was an eBay seller who found 10 to fifteen in a collection of bronze age long boxes. I will make some adjustments to the index and appreciate the feedback.

It has gone from an impossible book to one of the easiest which still means it is tough. Now if only a long box turns up with some "Freddies.."

At long last, the Marvel 35 Cent Masterlist has been updated. It includes the complete checklist of Marvel 35 cent price variants. It also includes the CGC condition census for each book (top five graded copies) as well as price information on each book that you can't find anywhere else.

Marvel 35 Cent Variant Masterlist

Craig

Are TOD 58-60 due for a rarity range bump? 6 copies graded, RR= 5-15?

Unless you think that the number of copies graded = the number of copies that are known, then it seems safe to bump that up a bit.

Just my 2c from way up here in the cheap seats. Great info, just trying to point out a minor update you might want to consider.

By the same logic, Marvel Tales #83 graded copies (5) is at parity with the low range number and could be considered. Marvel Super Action #3, 8 copies graded... Iron Fist 14, Black Panther 5, 2001 Space Odyssey 7-10 - all are showing graded copies exceeding the bottom of the ranges.

Good points and I am making some adjustments. You raise an interesting question in regards to the percentage of graded copies to total copies found of a particular issue. Since there are no graded copies of Kid Colt 218 (three copies known?), the lower number would be 0% of the copies have been graded. I think the percentage of other books graded like Star Wars, X-Men, and Iron Fist is much higher and over 50%. I guess the average percentage of graded to total books found for each issue is 30 percent. With 1277 total 35 centers graded, I guess the total found population is currently around 4000 books. What do you think?

I'm not sure if I've shared this with you guys yet...

Here's the current CGC census numbers for Marvel price variants, all on one page:

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/customissues.asp?pub=Marvel%20Comics&price=Y

(Slow loading, but hopefully worth it.) (thumbs u

Hey Valiantman, is there a way to search the subtitle or notation area in the title? For example, lots of issues have variant, second printing, Gold edition, etc after the issue number but it doesn't come up on the title search. It would be great if we could search this field and see which issues have this additional description. Thanks in advance it this can be done!

So recently I picked up my third 20 cent variant 35 cent variant...

IMAG0781.jpg

Of course not a real variant variant but interesting to me because maybe (likely) they are from the same store. Anyone know where that might be or have any of these themselves?

bbbeternals12.jpg

1 :hi:

Just one set? I thought there were a few more?

Yeah me too..I thought a few people had all of them. If not how many people are very close...and how many more do you guys need?

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

IMAG0781.jpg

Of course not a real variant variant but interesting to me because maybe (likely) they are from the same store. Anyone know where that might be or have any of these themselves?

bbbeternals12.jpg

Yes! Do you know if it was from North Carolina?

1 :hi:

Just one set? I thought there were a few more?

Yeah me too..I thought a few people had all of them. If not how many people are very close...and how many more do you guys need?

I know someone (nameless) who needs 1 more. That's all I know.

IMAG0781.jpg

bbbeternals12.jpg

Yes! Do you know if it was from North Carolina?

If there is no Distribution Ink on the top or bottom edge then it probably came from North Carolina. 2c