• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,558 posts in this topic

Looking for a little help here.

I have a Black Panther #4 35 center which is probably going to grade either 9.6 or 9.8. I know it will be far and away highest on census, but I am wondering what it might be worth. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A lot. I know that's silly, but probably the best answer I can give you. Top census variants can (and often do) go for wacky money.

I have a Black Panther #4 35 center which is probably going to grade either 9.6 or 9.8. I know it will be far and away highest on census, but I am wondering what it might be worth. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A lot. I know that's silly, but probably the best answer I can give you. Top census variants can (and often do) go for wacky money.

Values in CPG for the 30 cent variant books are often 5-6 times more than the regular book. I think the 35 cent variants are less common, but that may be a good price to start at. I couldn't find sales data to help support what a realistic price would be.

As a rough estimate, a CGC 9.8 Conan #75 just sold for $350. in the last c-link auction

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D3897%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%26pg%3D2&id=914705

As a rough estimate, a CGC 9.8 Conan #75 just sold for $350. in the last c-link auction

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D3897%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%26pg%3D2&id=914705

Odd. Why does that not have 35 cent variant in the auction let alone on the label? And it's not listed in the census either, I guess it got registered as a non variant?

I would say that number is pretty low, but based on the PMs offers I have received, Even as a rough estimate, I think that number would be pretty low, maybe really low.

Important difference is that there are 5 copies of Conan #75 over 9.0 (including a 9.6 and 2 9.4s), and there are only 2 9.0 copies of Black Panther #4 with the next closest being a 7.5.

I would say that number is pretty low, but based on the PMs offers I have received, Even as a rough estimate, I think that number would be pretty low, maybe really low.

Important difference is that there are 5 copies of Conan #75 over 9.0 (including a 9.6 and 2 9.4s), and there are only 2 9.0 copies of Black Panther #4 with the next closest being a 7.5.

I typed you a response a day or two ago before loading Google Chrome, and IE wouldn't let me post.

Here are the cliff notes:

Problem is - it is Black Panther.

That said, I think a 9.6 on the link could get you $750, and a 9.8 could get you $1k.

Your mileage may vary.

I have seen others go higher in 9.8, but the economy was different.

Nice find, and good luck.

I typed you a response a day or two ago before loading Google Chrome, and IE wouldn't let me post.

That said, I think a 9.6 on the link could get you $750, and a 9.8 could get you $1k.

Your mileage may vary.

Hence "wacky money". :acclaim:

Your mileage may vary.

Hence "wacky money". :acclaim:

Here is hoping the book I need shows up in a nice VG. :wishluck: (or a hidden 9.4) :headbang:

Edited by ShieldAgent

Can someone tell me what's a good price for a Star Wars 1 35 cent variant in CGC 6.0.

$600 to $900 depending on how attractive and page quality. Actual sales prices for that grade range from $600 to $1200 bucks. For my money, $1200 should get you a grade or two higher, but you might have to be patient.

Can someone tell me what's a good price for a Star Wars 1 35 cent variant in CGC 6.0.

$600 to $900 depending on how attractive and page quality. Actual sales prices for that grade range from $600 to $1200 bucks. For my money, $1200 should get you a grade or two higher, but you might have to be patient.

Thanks. A LCS wanted a $1000 for their's didn't know if it was a good price or not.