• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

Nick agreed to do a cover quality commission for me (thanks to my buddy FLu) and just killed it.

You can see a large detailed scan and a write up HERE!

PitarraOppenheimerweb_zps122ccdd3.jpg

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

That is the sickest most awesomest thing I have seen this week. Hands down!

Wow.

Double wow.

Love it!

Thanks, I am thrilled with it.

It's so packed with details that it's hard to see them all in a scan. He packed that piece from top to bottom.

I also picked up 2 pages from the series. but I have to get them scanned.

Love this series and love what Nick is doing with the work.

You know Felix, I love this series !! I bought the trade and read it and thought..."Oh, it wasn't bad"....I like it enough to get a MP 1 CGC 9.8 for the collection.

So, after reading the thread, I reread the trade and it totally rocks. I am not sure where it's going and I am missing issue 6, so I have a pile of issues 7-11 until I get the 6.

So glad you gave this a second chance, Michael! Keep reading...it only gets better, IMO. Get caught up, we have lots to talk about!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Wow.

Double wow.

Love it!

It's so packed with details that it's hard to see them all in a scan. He packed that piece from top to bottom.

I've always followed writers more than artists, and as a result, may give writers too much credit. Learning about how MP is put together has been a real eye-opener. This book is a true collaboration. MP wouldn't be what it is without Pitarra. Your piece captures the wacky spirit that isn't evident in other Hickman books. A perfect representation of the series and Nick's art. Congrats, Chris. Great seeing the newly svelte you, too!

I've often wondered how a book is assembled. I am with Felix in terns of the idea that "it is more important to have a good writing than good art".... I guess that thinking is myopic.

I've always wanted to ask one of the writers that visit these threads how they take something from a rough idea, to laying out a series...I always admire someone who is creative and who does it well.

As a side note, Chris that is another grand slam piece ! :applause:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: with a :headbang: for good measure, because I have one of the B&W prints on the way. A big thanks to Nexus for helping me out!

This is the MP print that Nick will be selling at C2E2:

MANHATTANPROJECTSPrint.jpg

There will also be a signed ltd. ed. B/W print. I *may* have some for sale after the show. I'll let everyone know then.

Wow.

Double wow.

Love it!

What pages did you get Chris? Would love to see them

I am over the moon for the pages Felix got me!

Wow.

Double wow.

Love it!

I've always followed writers more than artists, and as a result, may give writers too much credit. Learning about how MP is put together has been a real eye-opener. This book is a true collaboration. MP wouldn't be what it is without Pitarra. Your piece captures the wacky spirit that isn't evident in other Hickman books. A perfect representation of the series and Nick's art. Congrats, Chris. Great seeing the newly svelte you, too!

Felix, I really enjoyed meeting you this weekend.

Wow.

Double wow.

Love it!

Felix, I really enjoyed meeting you this weekend.

For some reason I read the above as "really enjoyed meating you" which totally changed the meaning. My bad. (thumbs u