• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you buy in the $1,000-$1500 range.

61 posts in this topic

Call me stupid... but possibly a nice grade Daredevil #1 could see a good spike... if they ever get the guy a decent movie in the works... it's one of the best buys out there IMO. Or just go for the sure thing... AF#15 or Hulk #1

Call me stupid... but possibly a nice grade Daredevil #1 could see a good spike... if they ever get the guy a decent movie in the works... it's one of the best buys out there IMO. Or just go for the sure thing... AF#15 or Hulk #1

I don't know how nice of a copy of AF 15 you'll get for $1500. My guess is you won't get one at all...and you might be able to squeeze out a IH 1.5 for that...DD #1 is a better bet there...7.0 range

Thinking about buying a book for a God-son. He's currently in 8th grade and I'd like him to be able to cash it out in five years.

He doesn't collect comics so its a financial thing only.

Looking for which CGC book of any era in that price range you would buy that you think has the best upside over the next five years.

I'm leaning towards a GA Cap, but they seem a bit pricey just now.

Shop Dale Roberts' current sales thread. :gossip:

30 and 35 cent variants in high grade and low census. Demographics are your friend here and these have legitimate supply shortages and consistent demand. But high grade (in a relative sense) is key IMO.

Ed

I like the X-men case...with movie after movie after movie to be released, the popularity of that group should continue to grow with newer generations! And besides, who honestly wouldn't want to have mutant powers?!?! (thumbs u

I think X-men 1 is an undervalued book at the moment. I also think that Avengers 1 is undervalued as well. It may not skyrocket like an AF 15 has in the last year or two, but I think a steady climb should occur. I personally like JIM 83 but that's just me.

I'm a HUGE believer that BB 28 is way undervalued but I've been on that horse for a while and it hasn't moved...so maybe it will pay off...

And I like to think X-men 94 is a bargain..and I've got a CGC 8.0 ready to sell! :D

I don't think it's undervalued, just under-appreciated by the comic community. I got a 1.5 PLOD, and have looking for a Universal low grade copy ever since.

Shocked no one has suggested a Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 signed by Moore and Kirkman yet.

:fear:

I was going mention that, but since I happen to have that exact comic for sale in the Sales Forum here.....

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5505009&fpart=1

I didn't want to give the wrong impression that I was spamming.

If you said $10,000-$15,000 i'd agree with my fellow boardies on the AF15, Hulk 1

But, given the budget, i'd suggest Avengers 1 is the right bet. Good luck!

BTW, not that I'm trying to sell you, but i have Avengers 1 in (ready for this)

CGC 2.5, 3.5, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.5, 9.0

And no, you can't pick anyone for $1,500 :)

But certainly PM me if interested!

Best bet is TMNT #1. You should be able to get one in the 7.5 to 9.0 range depending on the auction. Why is that the best pick? The rule of 25 is going to kick in as the kids are older now. The original movie came out in 1990.

I recently picked up a copy of this book. I got hooked on the cartoon and then the comics when I was young. And I was on the older side of that craze. Too old for the toys, but enjoyed the comics and TV show. The kids 5 years younger than me were the ones really crazy into it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that book sees another bump especially in your price range. There aren't alot of these books in low grade. Usually midgrade and up, so all the people who just want to own one will probably be competing with each other over the CGC 6.0 and up books. 2c

AF #15 Nope. You can't get one for that price. CGC 1.0 are selling for $2,000.

Hulk #1, X-Men #1, GS X-Men #1, and even Hulk 181 don't rise in value quickly. Sure, they increase in value, but it's slow and steady like a bank CD. I don't believe you'll see much growth over the next 5 years. 2c